Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Help, I have no idea how to datalog (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232205)

YellowJellyBean 05-20-2010 10:50 PM

Help, I have no idea how to datalog

This is serious. I have no idea what to frickin do. The SCT website is useless with this. It doesn't give you any sort of step by step instructions on how to log my stock file. When I connect the X3 to my car, it makes sound, but there's no picture on the screen unless I tilt it really far and look at an angle I can kinda see what it says. Please someone help me, because I am really frustrated that I paid 420 dollars and I can't even use the stupid thing. I already downloaded the software and firmware and updated the device.

YellowJellyBean 05-20-2010 10:55 PM

Okay, well the display is showing now. What do I do after I start data logging? How long does it run for? I could really use some help.

CarDemon 05-20-2010 11:02 PM

Begin by plugging in your Xcal to the vehicle through the OBDII port. Then connect the USB cable between the Xcal and your laptop. You'll be data logging through the LiveLink software, so open that program. Once you do, it will attempt to connect to your vehicle's ECU so parameters (pid's) can be established. Turn the ignition two clicks but don't start the engine. At that point, the Xcal should hook up with your vehicle's computer and populate a list of pid's. Select the pid's that you want. (I can give you a list of common parameters if you would like).

Once you've got the configuration that you want, start your engine. Then push the green button on the upper left hand corner of the LiveLink program and it will begin logging. You should see the program begin graphing each of the parameters that you selected. Push the red button when you want to stop. Save the log by pulling down the "file" menu on the upper left and hit "save data log as." Name it with whatever name you want. I usually use a date with some type of additional identifier. The file can then be e-mailed to a tuner or kept for your own playback purposes.

YellowJellyBean 05-20-2010 11:05 PM

Is there an amount of time that I need to run it for?

Also, where/how do I get LiveLink?

CarDemon 05-20-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowJellyBean (Post 3286983)

I usually run logs for 3-5 minutes. If you're working with a tuner, he'll usually tell you precisely what he wants run and for how long?

CarDemon 05-20-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

You'll find it on the SCT website under tech support. It's on the software download page under "add-on software and utilities."

YellowJellyBean 05-20-2010 11:09 PM

Thank you so much, if I could up your rep by like 20, I would.

CarDemon 05-20-2010 11:35 PM

Here are a few of the more common parameters that tuners will call for:

• coolant temptchir
• inj press drophir
• intake air temeor
• KNK SEN RETAR…
• loadrmediate ssor
• maf countsemin2or
• rpmr o2 trim b2or
• short term b1rpmr
• SPARK SOURCE
• spark term b2rpmr
• thrt pos absolpmr

There are plenty more to pick from but these seem to be the most commonly requested.

YellowJellyBean 05-20-2010 11:58 PM

It's been "detecting processor id" for a few minutes now, is this normal?
Posted via FF Mobile

Tom 05-21-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Just to add, if you are working with 1turbofocus (Focus-Power), he can configure your LiveLink via a remote access to your computer.

He will then give you explicit instructions as to what you will need to do and for how long in order to datalog your car as well as sending the files to him.