Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   My experience with SCT SF3 (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232146)

MexSVT 05-20-2010 10:32 AM

My experience with SCT SF3

It's been about a month and a half since I got my SCT tune for my 2002 SVT, first I downloaded strategy tune, felt great for the first two or three days, then started to go back to the sluggish mode, and a slight smell like gasoline. Engine light turned on, the read was error code PO171, system too lean, so following some advises I changed gas filter, got injectors cleaned at a fuel injection lab, changed cables, check plugs (and gapped to .055). but strategy program seemed to have a timnig issue, for that gasoline smell.

so I went back to stock for a couple of days to see if that smell was gone, and so it was.

after that I proceed to donwload the custom tune for 93 octane. car felt greater than with stratregy tune, very porwerfull and very noticeable in the low to midlle range. BUT!!!!!!!........, and here's the big BUT, the charm only last about three days,then the car starts to lose that agressivity and becomes almost as if it wasn't tuned so I need to disconect the battery to reset ECU and have a fresh start again, what the hell!!!!does all SVT do the same? or is mine f..ed up???

with the custom tune there is no more PO 171 error code but instead this two codes appears

PO 141
> 02 heater (htr - 11 )
> ckt ( b1, 52 )
>
> P1 000
> obd system readyness*
> test not complete

it the altitude of my city a factor? about 5000 ft above sea level

1turbofocus 05-20-2010 01:22 PM

I would contact your tuner , whoos tune do you have ?

Tom

MexSVT 05-20-2010 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turbofocus (Post 3286435)
I would contact your tuner , whoos tune do you have ?

Tom

I did, he said the ECU gets info from my driving, atmospheric conditions, external termperature etc and memorizes it. Tune is good, but my perception of the problem is that car's computer kind of overwrites the program and modifies settings, so I need to delete those settings by reseting the ECU, no need to execute program again from the flasher, only need to disconect the battery for 1/2 hour to get the performance back, it's weird

don't know the tuners name, I got it thru a friend in Venezuela

1turbofocus 05-20-2010 02:09 PM

To be blunt as I allways am , your tuner is like most on the SVT Focus and doesnt have a clue what he is talking about , My guess he sent you a value file and hoped for the best

I would also guess he hasent asked for a log of things to see what the issues are ???

Tom

red02svtf 05-20-2010 04:15 PM

you need to drop that other guy and get with tom and his tune.tom's tune the shit i had it before my predator got stollen out of my car.tom when i get the money im going to buy another one for sure.

MexSVT 05-20-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1turbofocus (Post 3286488)
I would also guess he hasent asked for a log of things to see what the issues are ???

nop [:(]

1turbofocus 05-20-2010 06:47 PM

If you have a flasher , I sell a custom tune for 150.00 and that comes with free update tunes as you add more mods and I will help you get it running right and go over the logs with you

Tom

aTm Beaner 05-20-2010 08:07 PM

What's the max octane level you get in GDL?

1turbofocus 05-20-2010 08:25 PM

It wouldnt be an octane problem if thats what your thinking , I can get 92 here and everything in Mexico is Pemex there the ONLY gas Co. here Government owned so more then likely he can get 92

Tom

MexSVT 05-20-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aTm [:)
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)];3286829]What's the max octane level you get in GDL?

93 octane is what Pemex claims for premium fuel, but I've also tried to put octane booster like RESTORE's , and even when it may feel a bit smoother, that thing that slowly gets the car sluggish after a couple days of reseting remains