Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Focus Tuning Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   tune ,who to go with (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227856)

o_so_slo 03-29-2010 11:01 PM

tune ,who to go with

nlw BEFORE this turns into a full out brawl im sure me and all the moderators on this site wont have any bashing of this thread so before i post my questions and concerns think before you type!!!!!!! i know this is gonna set ppl off on a tangent i just want your experience and THATS ALL!!!

now i would like ppls pros and cons between toms tune
and fswerks tune or other tunes

what you liked/disliked about the TUNE NOT THE TUNER (eg tom and randy)

i dont want fingers pointed or anything i just wanna no how your tune ran and your pros and cons to the tune if youv had both

i will also make this a poll so to refrain from bashing you can also pick on the poll

now i know tom is the "home tuner" so hell have favourtisim just be honesnt AND KEEP IT CLEAN [slap]

EDIT: mods if this gets out of hand close it please

SVTF200487 03-30-2010 12:18 AM

I have had tom's tune for over two years now. I have had him adjust it a bit, my hanging idle didn't want to go away. After it warms up the car likes to lope at Idle and every once in a while the car will cut off when coming up to a stop light, but I believe that it does that just because he got rid of the hanging Idle. I love the tune. It doesn't give you much if any more power, but it gives you more power lower in the rpm range giving you better driveability and more fun.

kenzx3 03-30-2010 12:50 AM

I voted "Other", I had Ray at McNews Automotive dyno tune my '07. As for Pros vs Cons, it's all Pros with McNews. They have the BEST customer service, do great with not only the Zetec, SPI, and Duratec but they do Mustangs, Rangers, and other Ford Products. Ray and his team is straight-up honest with every single one of their customers. They are an Old School Focus Tuner, and did many "McNews Edition" Foci for local dealerships back in the day. They have tuned many Foci, probably easily over 100 under their belt, and to my knowledge have NOT blown one up yet. They are also a Ford Racing Dealer and have other connections as far as Focus Parts go. Ask anyone in the Mid-Atlantic that has had their Foci tuned by them and they will say the same.

+1 for McNews Automotive.

VenomRogue 03-30-2010 01:02 AM

other...

1turbofocus 03-30-2010 01:55 AM

I Vote Toms Tune LOL I have had it sence 2000 on many Foci both ZX3 and SVT and love it

Reasons why
Tom gives free tune updates as you add more mods for both his NA and FI tunes , Does not charge extra for looking at datalogs

Tom Tunes with both Diablosport and SCT Giving his customers more options to choose from

Tom

xFordx 03-30-2010 02:36 AM

LOL, I will defenetly be going with Tom's tune, free tune updates for life? That's crazy, nobody else will do that.

SMITHBOY76908 03-30-2010 07:14 AM

I voted FSWERKS. I've had Randy's tune for over a year now on my Stage 2 Focus and it has been amazing.

arrestmespi 03-30-2010 07:45 AM

had tom's base line for my pro racer package

ST 2K5 03-30-2010 08:58 AM

I voted for FSWerks just because thats what I have for a tune and havent had any issues.

gonefhsn 03-30-2010 10:42 AM

Voted FSwerks, I have had there tune in my car for a year or so now, started when it was N/A and now I am F/I all is good.