Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   AutoX in OKC area (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225905)

Spazasm 03-10-2010 02:15 PM

AutoX in OKC area
 
Just curious if anyone here is or has been doing autox in the okc area. Where do you meet and whats a good way to get started?

12mk3 04-08-2014 09:35 AM

I second this.. Never raced a day in my life but I'd love to watch and eventually learn.

xorpheous 04-08-2014 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12mk3 (Post 5818346)
I second this.. Never raced a day in my life but I'd love to watch and eventually learn.

Here's the link to the Oklahoma Region SCCA's website. Looks like their next event is on May 4th.
http://www.gasketgazette.org/

12mk3 04-08-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xorpheous (Post 5823146)
Here's the link to the Oklahoma Region SCCA's website. Looks like their next event is on May 4th.
http://www.gasketgazette.org/

Thanks for that!

tehmaxfactr 04-09-2014 06:06 AM

autox
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 12mk3 (Post 5818346)
I second this.. Never raced a day in my life but I'd love to watch and eventually learn.

The only way to learn is get out there and do it! See if you can get someone to ride with you on your first time out, it helps a lot.

12mk3 04-09-2014 07:07 AM

Thanks maxfactr! I managed to find a rulebook and read exactly what you've mentioned. I also wouldn't mind riding along with somebody else. Get a feel for how they do it and the techniques used.

xorpheous 04-09-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12mk3 (Post 5825114)
Thanks maxfactr! I managed to find a rulebook and read exactly what you've mentioned. I also wouldn't mind riding along with somebody else. Get a feel for how they do it and the techniques used.

As one of my first instructors so eloquently explained to me, "You go real fast, and don't hit the cones." :) Seriously, though, riding with someone will help, having them ride with you will help even more! See if there'd be someone willing to mentor you for an event or two.

Doing > Watching

12mk3 04-09-2014 10:35 AM

That definitely sounds ideal! I like the idea of critique as I drive. Thanks xorpheous!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 AM.


http://www.focusfanatics.com/aboutus/copyright.asp