Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   SVT P0125 code (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223425)

Willislegend 02-09-2010 04:12 PM

SVT P0125 code

Check engine light is on, code P0125-(Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop fuel control). Not really sure what it means, have heard it could be just a sensor or that the thermostat could be stuck open. Any suggestions?

04 SVT, Black, 5door
(no mods)

focusin 02-09-2010 04:40 PM

Moved to technical chat.

BC_ZX3 02-09-2010 09:24 PM

Low coolant level, faulty coolant temperature sensor or stuck open thermostat are the likely causes.

The code is telling you that the ECU can't operate the fuel system in a closed loop fashion - where the air fuel ratio is "tweaked" for optimum efficiency using inputs from various engine sensors - because the engine is taking too long or never reaching its normal operating temperature, a prerequisite to entering closed loop functionality. Consequently, it's may be running rich all the time in an attempt to "warm up".

dirtbrown 02-10-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BC_ZX3 (Post 3146936)
Low coolant level, faulty coolant temperature sensor or stuck open thermostat are the likely causes.

The code is telling you that the ECU can't operate the fuel system in a closed loop fashion - where the air fuel ratio is "tweaked" for optimum efficiency using inputs from various engine sensors - because the engine is taking too long or never reaching its normal operating temperature, a prerequisite to entering closed loop functionality. Consequently, it's may be running rich all the time in an attempt to "warm up".

wow this makes sense...my car just threw this same code at the same time as p0420 something about my car running too rich bank 1 or something along those lines...could a bad thermostat or temp. sensor be causing my car too through this other code

Willislegend 02-11-2010 12:04 PM

going to change the thermostat today, ill see if this fixes my problem

cowboy 02-11-2010 12:28 PM

ive changed both the sensor and the thermostat and I still have the check engine light on with the same code

Willislegend 02-11-2010 07:41 PM

ok, well because of limited money and freakish snow in dallas i have not fix anything. I bought a new therm and looked at the old one, looked like it wasnt stuck in the open position, it was closed when i took it out. so thinking about buying and replacing sensor...idk

dirtbrown 02-11-2010 09:55 PM

i got this code anyone else have any ideas.....my SVT has a brand new fuel pump and timing belt...after 300+ miles i get this code along with p0420

Willislegend 02-12-2010 01:49 PM

i replaced the sensor on the top of the housing, no change. Any suggestions!?

Kauai Guy 08-27-2011 08:08 PM

Bumping for info because I have the same problem and don't want to make a new topic. I just put in a new ECT a couple days ago and a new Thermostat a few months ago and I still have P0125.