Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fanatics: Texas (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Anyone down for a Suspenion Install?? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223051)

FocusFreak09 02-05-2010 12:43 PM

Anyone down for a Suspenion Install??

Well its official, I ordered focus svt damper kit today from Steve at tousley ford for 159 which isnt bad AT all and shoul receive it next week so i was wondering if anyone would be willing to put a seperate meet together to help other focus members including myself, install some stuff. Last time we did this, Me, Chuck and Cody (RIP SVT) put my Svt suspension on my car at his house in his dads garage which was fun so im sure I could do it again. The only place i would be worried about IF we did this would be the location. I have most of the tools like the jack, jackstands, minor tools and thats it. I can get the spring compressor too. If this meet isnt possible then ill end up putting this on with my crew members help. Let me know

Deaner 02-05-2010 05:22 PM

yeah just let us know when you get the damper. and then give us some days in which your available. it shouldn't be hard at all. I installed my coilover set by myself haha. I could do it pretty fast.

FocusFreak09 02-05-2010 05:58 PM

awesome dean. I should get it next week but it might take awhile to get it on since ill need an alignment so probably gotta wait for the money. we'll see. and this search for an vt bumper is killing me. cant find one anymore. might buy a body kit

tukaniSVT 02-05-2010 06:17 PM

Body kit will be more costly ... I would just look for the Rear and Front SVT bumpers.

-Ray-

FocusFreak09 02-05-2010 06:21 PM

well i was only thinking about getting the front bumper from the Pro-Dtm kit since I cant find the svt bumpers anywhere. not even at junk yards.

ChuckDee 02-05-2010 07:10 PM

^^^ebay dude!!!
its practically the only place ull find them from. the one they sell on ebay is complete with fogs, lip and its primed, ready for paint. if ur trying to find one for cheap, your chances of that happening is slim to none! i was gonna go get one off of ebay but then i ran across a deal i couldnt pass up, even when i was broke to even get it...but i still got it. why not go get a sedan lip kit? if anything, as far as body kits go, i would go for the pro-dtm kit, but im not a fan of the rear. too busy for my taste

FocusFreak09 02-05-2010 07:56 PM

Even the ones on ebay are expensive unless its a private seller. If I can't find one cheap enough then I'm gonna get the pro dtm bumper and be done with that
Posted via FF Mobile

ChuckDee 02-05-2010 09:02 PM

^^gotta pay to play sometimes dude...

sleepyboy 02-06-2010 05:05 AM

I did the fronts at my friends shop, and the rears at home myself. Its not too hard. Raymond and I just put a new pump in his car tonight. Chuck helped me with mine also. You can rent a spring compressor from the zone' or any other parts store. Oh and I replaced my motor mount last night. Man that thing was beyond gone. You can see inside it lol.

FocusFreak09 02-06-2010 10:33 AM

Well I can pretty much do this by myself if I had to I would probably just need some extra tools. All I need is the spring compressors and all the small tools needed. And I might sell my rims today so when I do I am definatlly looking for a new front bumper so if I can't get my hands on an svt bumper then I'm getting the pro dtm front bumper but I rather get the svt.
Posted via FF Mobile