Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Roush Spring Rates (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216047)

jetrinka 11-09-2009 06:43 PM

Roush Spring Rates

So I just bought some Roush springs from BlackcatN20. (thanks btw) And after a lot of searching I couldn't come up with any spring rates for em. Nobody knew, people guessed, and people said Roush didn't know or didn't want to tell. Well I thought I would try my luck and email em. I will just post the email.

"I have a set of Roush springs for a 00-05 Focus. They are blue and I believe the part number is R06000002. I was wondering what the spring rates of these springs are. The rear springs certainly appear progressive whereas the fronts do not. I would really appreciate the info. Thanks a lot
-Justin"

Their response.

"Justin,

Here are the spring rates for the front and the rear:

160 lbs/in front
188 lbs/in rear"

This was from rppcustomerservice@roush.com.

So it seems the spring rates are above. Just thought I would let ya know and perhaps we should update the suspension reference thread with this info.

mlbbaseball 11-09-2009 07:20 PM

IIRC, they are rebadged Eibachs. Roush never released the spring rates.

jetrinka 11-09-2009 07:33 PM

Thats one of the things I read. I also heard that they were rebadged progress springs as well. Neither were ever supported with concrete proof of by someone who actually worked at roush. I am pretty confident this is the right answer. The only mystery is why it would take them till now to answer the question of what the spring rates were outright.

MaroonZX3 11-09-2009 07:58 PM

They are most likely made by well known spring manufacturer, but probably to Roush specifications.

mlbbaseball 11-09-2009 08:29 PM

those spring rates just seem soooo low!

jetrinka 11-09-2009 09:06 PM

They are about 30 lbs higher than the SVT's and an inch lower. Why do you say that? Do they feel stiffer than that or something?

Geezer 11-09-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlbbaseball (Post 3011090)
those spring rates just seem soooo low!

They're within a few lbs/in of Eibach Pros so not that low. I'd refer to them as be in the moderate range.

mlbbaseball 11-10-2009 12:42 PM

well, i still bottom out in them! but i drive much harder than most, including track days. i had 205/45/15's on Rcomps and i was still rubbing.

jetrinka 11-10-2009 01:27 PM

Strange. Don't you have a gutted interior? I don't see how you would bottom em out with nothing in the car. It probably rides a lot higher without all the weight in it too.

trevor 11-13-2009 11:50 AM

even with 10 bags of bark in the back of my car i still had 1 inch of travel till the bumpstops. i never botom out. its such good suspension. its soft when you need it and still cornners well. if the rear is loaded with weight theo the back end comes out