Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drag Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Sad day for this bird.... (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212077)

DJslurp1200 09-25-2009 01:54 AM

Sad day for this bird....

And it's owner!

Took my car down to the local 1/8 mile (sunshine speedway) and a dude in a smokey and the bandit firebird kept hounding me to race him in his firebird after seeing me beat a couple differen't cars... He had his girlfriend and her gf with him so I guess he felt the need to try to show off how powerful his V8 firebird is...

That or I guess to try to compensate for something else! LOL!

Please excuse the language in the video... it was just funny beating this guy and getting it on film at the same time... He had been talking alot of smack all night so this was just a perfect way to end the night... He just couldn't believe he got beat by a focus and ended up leaving the track immediately after... I asked him if he wanted to watch the video and he said "F YOU!" LOL...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

gtp2focus 09-25-2009 01:57 AM

hahahaha... awesome. I had a kill today too... a riced out cavaqueer.

DJslurp1200 09-25-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp2focus (Post 2942461)
hahahaha... awesome. I had a kill today too... a riced out cavaqueer.

Nice! I hate those F'ing cars!

When I lived in Maine it was them and saab's that all the kids loved... get you a a cavi, rice it out to the extreme and hangout at the dunkin donuts on main street in bangor on friday nights and you were the man! LOL!

SVTRSST 09-25-2009 02:18 AM

are you serious, was he trying? lol, any specs on that car? seems to be slow as f

2wheeladict 09-25-2009 02:24 AM

hah very nice. i saw a new viper srt10 on spray get beat by a boosted civic hatch at orlando speed world a while ago, same deal, the viper went from the booth right on to the exit lol.

DJslurp1200 09-25-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTRSST (Post 2942495)
are you serious, was he trying? lol, any specs on that car? seems to be slow as f

He had a passenger (his gf) it was an automatic and he had a mild exhaust...

I don't know anything else about it as he wouldn't pop the hood... he was just bragging about his car so much I was like... ok man we can go down the track! damn! LOL

SVTRSST 09-25-2009 02:31 AM

well, all i have to say is a kill is a kill, i wouldnt belive this if someone had told me, must see to beleive :p

captcurt_18 09-25-2009 02:32 AM

haha thats awesome

DJslurp1200 09-25-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVTRSST (Post 2942516)
well, all i have to say is a kill is a kill, i wouldnt belive this if someone had told me, must see to beleive :p

I'm not going to lie man... his car didn't sound tired or falling apart... it was actually a VERY clean car and sounded well maintained...

I myself was impressed as I thought it would atleast be a much closer race... Glad I had my boy in the passenger seat filming it! [:)]

DJslurp1200 09-25-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captcurt_18 (Post 2942521)
haha thats awesome

Thanks man! Ya it was fun! [cheers]