Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Ford Focus & General Car Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   2009 SES Coupe...driver side front seat Q? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201626)

macatron 06-08-2009 10:37 AM

2009 SES Coupe...driver side front seat Q?

Well, I finally took the plunge and bought a loaded 2009 SES coupe, 5-speed, black on black (with cloth) last Friday (6-5-09)! [thumb] So far I'm REALLY loving the car, and I'll be sure to post up some pics up here soon (even though I know you all have already seen one before [cool]).

There have been a few quirks here and there, but that's to be expected with any new car because you need to get used to everything. So, with that said, I know no two cars are the same (especially when it comes to make and model), but there's one little thing that is driving my nuts with my new Focus. Every time that I lean the driver side front seat up to gain access to the back seat it doesn't go back to the position that I originally had it in. Now, just to check, I've tried using both levers on the side of the seat just to make sure that I wasn't doing it wrong, but they both do the same thing. On every car that I've owned in the past, the lever that is closest to the back seat is what you need to pull in order to lean the seat forward. Then, when you put the seat back, it returns to the seating position that you originally had it at. Now, I know that this isn't that big of a deal, but I put A LOT of things in my back seat during the course of a day, and it's becoming a real pain to have to READJUST my seat EVERYTIME I get in my car. So, if anyone can help, I just wanted to know if this is normal, or does it sound like something is wrong with my seat? THANKS!

LucJoe 06-08-2009 11:10 AM

This is normal. Doesn't bother me much, I tend to constantly adjust my seat anyway.

Seems like lazy engineering compared to the way most car seats work, and when I compare it to the "magic" seats in my brother's Fit it seems like they didn't even try. Come on Ford!

BigRed03 06-08-2009 11:31 AM

Atleast on the 00-04 models, there were two levers to move the seat forward. One allowed the seat to return back to its original position and was on the back side of the seat. The one facing the door was for the driver adjustments to get comfortable. I haven't messed around with any 08+ foci to know if this is still present.

whitefox 06-08-2009 01:11 PM

Neither one of the levers will return the seat to original position. I was frustrated with this too and my fix was not to use the driver's seat to access the rear seat. I use the passenger side to do that.

BatistaFocus 06-09-2009 12:18 AM

like everyone else said, it's normal. :P

I know some cars used to have two, one for actually adjusting the seat, and the other for throwing it all the way forward to give room.

The new models, 08+, don't have that. I suggest...
A) Run to the other side and put your stuff back there,
B) Throw your stuff into your passenger seat/floor,
or
C) Open the trunk.

lol. :P

macatron 06-09-2009 08:15 AM

Hey, thanks for all the replies everyone. [thumb] Well, as for the seat annoyance, it looks like it will remain just that. But, my new tactic has been to put my things into the back passenger seat through space between the two front seats (center console area). Then, when I need something, or am getting out of the car I can just reach back and grab them pretty easily. It's not the best, but it works.