Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Autocross Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   My ORP. (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184154)

Co0p3r 01-05-2009 10:33 PM

My ORP.

Okay so im prepping my SVT for this up coming spring to run Autocross. I am trying to get into a class i will be competitive in. I have taken off my 67mm TB because it jumps me up into a higher class. What i need to know, will my ORP do the same? or will i be in classing with Svt's with HFC's someone please clear it up?

Co0p3r 01-06-2009 11:24 PM

Anyone?>

wrc_fan 01-07-2009 08:49 AM

An offroad pipe will put you into street prepared, though I don't remember if that is DSP or FSP. So you might as well put the throttle body back on;)

Maybe someone could comment on this, I know there's been a flurry of proposals for moving cars in classes, haven't been able to keep track of them all.

For Street touring, you are supposed to run the factory CAT or an functioning replacement that sits in a similar position to the OEM location. I ran street touring last year, and I can tell you there are several honda's that are running with gutted CATs etc. But I am faster, so no reason to really protest.

Co0p3r 01-07-2009 10:25 AM

So maybe get a HFC? Or is there a chance i can use my orp in a class that would be competitive?

wrc_fan 01-07-2009 01:09 PM

Well, I would say that the most cost effective option, IMO, would be to find an SVT OEM Cat and that would be good enough to do OK at local events in STS.

You could add a LSD and increase wheel/tire size and run in STX.

I don't know if the SVT focus will ever be competitive in DSP...

You could go back to stock and run HS though I don't know if that's in 2009 or 2010

FocusInAlaska 01-07-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrc_fan (Post 2521640)
Well, I would say that the most cost effective option, IMO, would be to find an SVT OEM Cat ...

That's not going to work unless you have the rest of the SVT exhaust.

Co0p3r 01-07-2009 01:30 PM

So lets say I run a HFC and my borla exhaust. No 67mm TB, What class would that put me in? And what other types of cars would i encounter?

wrc_fan 01-07-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusInAlaska (Post 2521660)
That's not going to work unless you have the rest of the SVT exhaust.

I assume that if he has an SVT he's still running a SVT header, so he'll be good to go.

wrc_fan 01-07-2009 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Co0p3r (Post 2521676)
So lets say I run a HFC and my borla exhaust. No 67mm TB, What class would that put me in? And what other types of cars would i encounter?

You would be in Street touring, now in '09 known as ST.

This is also known as Spec '89 Civic Si at the national level but, locally this class will see a large variety of cars. Foci, Neons, Subaru 2.5RS's, Civics, Accords, small displacement 4 seat cars w/o LSD's.

Go to SCCA.com, find your region and check out their website, most regions will post the results from their events. Look up some past events in STS to see what you'll be up against.

Auto-X-ZTS 01-07-2009 08:06 PM

Hi-flo in OE location is what was called STS
Hi flo w/in 6" of OE is what was called STX

I know the class names are revised for 09--and there were some larger tire allowances in STX FWD/RWD as well (AWD stays at 245s).

STX is the better fit for the heavyish Focus--LSD helps a ton, along with the possibility of wider wheels (8 vs 7.5) and/or tires than STS. The top STX cars are only a smidge faster (on average per PAX/RTP) than the top STS cars--and a STX Focus will easily beat a STS Focus if both are at max prep.

As for DSP--Aaron Williams in Chicago does quite well in his SVT. Its no match for the panzer BMWs--but it'll run with the Hondas and most others. He was mid-pack at Nationals....