Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Massive Speed (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   -Massive PORTWERKS Cylinder Head Packages Available!- (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162341)

K Dog 06-06-2008 09:31 AM

-Massive PORTWERKS Cylinder Head Packages Available!-

Massive and a team of skilled engineers has invested many hours over the last 1.5 years developing a truly unique and exceptionally superlative cylinder head option for the Ford Focus engines.

We think you will find not only a genuinely higher lever of performance, but also the finest of components, exclusive process', but also competitive pricing.

As of June 6 2008, we are releasing the first of an entire new line of breakthrough performance heads. Machined locally utilizing a Millport CNC 5 Axis Mill with TRT 32-100 Tilt table, profiles are programmed and digitized using MasterCam X2.

Look for our Duratec cylinder head to be ready for presentation within the month. In the pipeline is our series of GM LS-1 and Ford 3V modular offerings.

The Zetec heads (as will most of our other offerings) will be available in 2 distinct flavors - The Ultimate head using enlarged valves and high rate springs, and the Optimized head equipped with OE valves and springs. This will provide less expensive options as well as all out solutions.
http://zeebone.com/gallery/d/60043-2...tec+Web+Ad.jpg

Here is the description on our Zetec Ultimate Head:

ZETEC POWER UNLEASHED!

Based on our comparison with other mass produced heads and available data, Massive has created the worlds TOP FLOWING ZETEC CYLINDER HEAD.

5 Axis CNC machined for the best in consistency and flow!

In our quest for power superiority, an OE head was flow tested on a Superflow SF-600 flow bench at 28” of water to determine base line flow numbers. After the initial flow test the heads are ported by hand to develop a working port shape and volume. The head is then reflowed after hand porting to verify the increase in flow. At that point, they are reverse engineered using 5-axis digitizing to acquire the port shape of the finished port. This makes for the greatest possible flow capacity and consistency.
Heads begin as production cores which are fully disassembled and washed. The heads are then glass bead blasted clean to remove any rust or scale. They are then CNC machined using 5-axis simultaneous machining. All ports and chambers are machined then hand finished to blend out any unwanted tool marks. All valve guides are honed to size and a multi-angle valve job is cut into the head. The valve job is cut using Newen single carbide insert style cutters of varying profiles. The valve job is lapped in then blended to the finished port and chamber. The heads are then surfaced to the customers needs and reflowed again to confirm that the finished product performs as expected. Outflows ANY production Zetec head without sacrificing velocity. Substantial chamber modification (most fimrs dont touch the chamber!) for superior flow dynamics and greater resistance towards detonation. Genuine Eibach EVS high rate valve springs (good to .450" Lift). Custom made Undercut SI brand stainless steel valves. This undercutting, in addition to reducing the valve weight (which provides benefits in opening rate and RPM limits), the radius of the head is such that is significantly improves air/fuel flow. Fully swirl polished. Chromed stems and Stellite tips.
Going for big NA horsepower? Massive offers your choice of standard(.005"-.010" for straightness) or HIGH COMPRESSION state(.045" mill)for serious increases in forward thrust!!!
http://zeebone.com/gallery/d/62459-2...harts+Intk.jpg
http://zeebone.com/gallery/d/62453-2...Charts+Exh.jpg

The Ultimate Head is $1348 and the Optimized Head is $1068. They will require a core charge of $300.

These heads are on the shelf and ready to ship!

Find them Here

MattMatt1182 06-06-2008 11:25 PM

What can you do to the SVT Head? Do you have one of those on the shelf?

Focus_3XZ 06-07-2008 12:30 AM

Yeah there is definetly a need for the SVT head to be done. It will easily outflow the Zetec ultimate head.

killer ZETEC 06-07-2008 09:03 AM

me want so bad... but me need stereo finished first.

btw karl what cams would you suggest for this head.
also would a ported 200 manifold an 65mm throttle body do well for intake. (through an svt box with a zetec upper half, but i'm willing to change that if necessary)
obviously an svt header is needed. but what size exhaust. 2.5?

jsut trying to my ducks in a row for a well built engine so i can spank a few noobs up here.

Buickboy 06-07-2008 09:38 PM

Ill add a set of the duratec ones to my dream 2.3L dura build list once theyre out, looks like good stuff! You guys have quite an improvement in flow over the stock head

FocusRacingAustrali 06-09-2008 01:33 AM

Do you have any dyno proof at all?
I see you have abit more lift over FR at top lift but, need to see WHp dyno proof.

K Dog 06-09-2008 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FocusRacingAustrali (Post 2166615)
Do you have any dyno proof at all?
I see you have abit more lift over FR at top lift but, need to see WHp dyno proof.

48 more CFM on the intake side and 25 on the exhaust over the FR head is more than what I'd call "little".

That like, oh, 25% more flow intake side...

We will back to back a minor bolt on Zetec shortly.

K Dog 06-09-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focus_3XZ (Post 2163772)
Yeah there is definetly a need for the SVT head to be done. It will easily outflow the Zetec ultimate head.

We have had a few requests for the SVT head, and even have turned a few out in the past, but the lack of cores is an issue.

I dont know if an SVT head would outflow the Ultimate head. With that heads bigger valves, there is no longer and advantage on the SVT there. It would be interesting though.

K Dog 06-09-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer ZETEC (Post 2164037)
me want so bad... but me need stereo finished first.

btw karl what cams would you suggest for this head.
also would a ported 200 manifold an 65mm throttle body do well for intake. (through an svt box with a zetec upper half, but i'm willing to change that if necessary)
obviously an svt header is needed. but what size exhaust. 2.5?

jsut trying to my ducks in a row for a well built engine so i can spank a few noobs up here.

A ported 00'/65mm TB would definitely be a big improvement over stock and would work well with these heads. I will be using a modified FR manifold and 70mm TB on my yellow turbo car with this head.

Your induction setup otherwise seems solid.

I would use the JBA long tube header with a 2.5" exhaust for max HP production.

besthaticouldo 06-09-2008 12:41 PM

if i sent you an svt head would you do it?