Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vendors, Dealers & Seller Reviews (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Bad Business - Besthaticouldo (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159589)

jrgtrain 05-11-2008 09:39 PM

Bad Business - Besthaticouldo

HELLO Focus Fanatics. I am Gil, a previous friend of Derrick, a.k.a. besthaticouldo. I am writing this thread to all new people who do not know him and to any of his current friends.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BESTHATICOULDO

A few months ago, let's call it approximately August, 2007. Derrick put the svt header on his car. When he did this, his stock power steering line blew. I had an svt power steering line and dipstick because I too was going to put the header on my car. He calls me and asked if I still had the parts. I said yes.

He wanted them because he fried his power steering line and he did not have the svt dipstick. I told him i needed them because after I smogged my car i was going to do the conversion. He said he would replace the parts. He even went so far as to say he would buy new parts for me from mike at Hillbish Ford because mike 'hooks it up".

I said okay. I said, replace them as soon as you can but no rush. Remember, this was approximately August. December rolls around. I ask him how soon till I get my parts replaced. He said he should be able to do it before the end of the month. I tell him awesome. I had not done my smog check yet but I wanted to have all the parts ready to go.

He contacts me and says "some stuff" has come up and he can't do it before the end of December. I say cool, let's shoot for next month............

So, next month comes and goes.... NO PARTS.

I end up getting my car smogged and asking him for the parts again. It is about February now. He says, more stuff is wrong with the turtle and he needs to drop some big money on it. He doesn't get a tax return, he has to pay a large amount to the I.R.S. instead. Blah, Blah, Blah.

So, I finally decide to do the conversion in April of 2008. I didn't move the power steering line out of the way properly. I thought I did. My mistake.

So, I contact Derrick and let him know what happened. I told him I really need the parts now because I do not want to damage my power steering pump. He gives me the whole "no money" story and says I have to wait until April 15th because that is when he gets paid next. He says that is "thebesthathecouldo". Ironic? NO!

This jerk calls Hillbish, orders the parts then cancels the order because he found a "better deal". How do I know this? Because I called Hillbish Ford to find out what happened to my parts. We all know Mike is AWESOME and takes care of us fanatics. I spoke to a co-worker of Mike's and he says the order was placed but it looks like it is on some kind of hold. The hold is actually Derrick cancelling the order.

I never asked for new parts, Derrick put it out there. I just wanted my parts A.S.A.P.

So, I see a thread today about Derrick's new ST170's. I think to myself.....What an A**HOLE!!! In the past few months, Derrick managed to pick up a super charger(that he had to sell, hahaha) and an Eibach coil over suspension. How did he pay for it????? WHO CARES!!!!! He can get stuff for himself but isn't responsible enough to replace someones parts. He is immature, irresponsible and pathetic.

By the way, we are only talking about $130 total out of pocket if he goes through hillbish Ford.

So, I hit him up about the lights, the charger and the suspension he got and I still don't have my parts. He tells me, "you don't know how I got the parts or how I paid for them, buy your own parts, I am done". I tell him to take my parts off his car and give them back to me. He says, "Uh no".

In conclusion, as a warning, I would recommend NOT doing business with BESTHATICOULDO, A.K.A. DERRICK. You might get the shaft like I did. I am sure there are plenty of people on this site and on fj who can back me up.

That is all my venting for today, thanks for listening.

GIL

DrkKnight614 05-11-2008 09:51 PM

Get ready for this thread to be locked...or at least besthaticouldo to come retaliate. But if what you say is true thats kinda F'ed up. But at the same time never do what you did ever again, shouldn't of done that in the first place. I never loan money to people, cause I know I won't get it back immediatly or anytime soon. Unless they are like your really really close friends...don't give them anything.

TKE_Quailman 05-11-2008 09:52 PM

Thread Soon to be locked im sure but i will wait for his response before i pass judgment

zx505focus 05-11-2008 09:52 PM

god, another one

jrgtrain 05-11-2008 09:53 PM

I agree. This was definitely a learning experience. How to get shafted 101.

WUGcatsvt 05-11-2008 09:54 PM

Double

WUGcatsvt 05-11-2008 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 (Post 2122071)
Get ready for this thread to be locked...or at least besthaticouldo to come retaliate. But if what you say is true thats kinda F'ed up. But at the same time never do what you did ever again, shouldn't of done that in the first place. I never loan money to people, cause I know I won't get it back immediatly or anytime soon. Unless they are like your really really close friends...don't give them anything.

TRUE THAT

jrgtrain 05-11-2008 09:56 PM

We were actually friends for a lil over a year until he did this crap.

gonzorelic 05-11-2008 10:04 PM

why lock this thread? this is a good learning experience for people that actually have a heart and try to help others. i personally wouldnt do anything like this but there are good people still left in this world and it looks like another one just got shafted. sorry to hear this dude. i sure wont be doing any business with him. reguardless on how he got his other parts you should have came before them just on the count that you helped him when he needed it. thats my 2 cents. but theres alot of con artists in the world and this is why the world is going to hell in a hand basket more day by day. but just hang in there because one thing ive learned is karma is a bitch.

Spinal 05-11-2008 10:04 PM

well if he actually does owe u that stuff, and he got the lights and suspension he doesn't have much of a defense lol.