Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Rally (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   SVTF Lap times @ Limerock Park?? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154061)

apex214 03-21-2008 07:33 PM

SVTF Lap times @ Limerock Park??

Has anyone run at LRP or seen/known someone who did? Recall the lap times??...no not down to the .001 second, but rather rounded to the nearest second let's say. I've got some idea what the stock potential is for my car, reasonably well driven. I'm just curious before I get back to fitting track time into my schedule.

WeeAsp 03-22-2008 04:41 PM

Stock ...

1 hour 14 minutes, 32 seconds... [joke]

I've only run it once and that was a LONG time ago.

Lap times were around the 2:20 - 2:40 mark, by estimate. I never put a clock on the car.

Our Grand Am Car was pulling 2:00 lap times and we were slow that day.

slo1 03-22-2008 07:25 PM

Foci' @ LRP have been running from 1min 10 to 1min 14.
What org. are you running with and when?

apex214 03-22-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeAsp (Post 2039388)
Stock ...

1 hour 14 minutes, 32 seconds... [joke]

I've only run it once and that was a LONG time ago.

Lap times were around the 2:20 - 2:40 mark, by estimate. I never put a clock on the car.

Our Grand Am Car was pulling 2:00 lap times and we were slow that day.

hahaha...were you pushing the car around to get times like that?

I think I saw an EMRA results page with a SVTF showing 1:05 or 1:06 range. I don't know if it was with track tires or other major changes. I've lapped Limerock in different cars from 1:06-1:10, all either modified street cars or borrowed (and conservatively driven!) showroom stock race cars. I haven't brought the Focus there yet...maybe this fall or next spring.

apex214 03-22-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slo1 (Post 2039545)
Foci' @ LRP have been running from 1min 10 to 1min 14.
What org. are you running with and when?

Are these purely stock times? Track days or time trials? I would be surprised if a Spec Focus ran that slowly.

I haven't brought this car to any tracks yet. I have run with SCDA, EMRA and PCA in the past with other cars.

WeeAsp 03-22-2008 08:24 PM

With or without the chicane?

Then I really don't know. It's been 4 years at least for me in my POV.

With Grand Am, we had 60 cars on the track.

WeeAsp 03-22-2008 08:26 PM

The one event I had was with Northern NJ Benz club.

slo1 03-22-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apex214 (Post 2039593)
Are these purely stock times? Track days or time trials? I would be surprised if a Spec Focus ran that slowly.

I haven't brought this car to any tracks yet. I have run with SCDA, EMRA and PCA in the past with other cars.

Those were past EMRA time trial times. The faster time was a prepared car on R comps. The later times were street driven cars on performance tires. What car are you running, SPEC Focus?

apex214 03-23-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeAsp (Post 2039616)
With or without the chicane?

Then I really don't know. It's been 4 years at least for me in my POV.

With Grand Am, we had 60 cars on the track.

I never ran the chicane...I don't have an LMP1 car for a weekend toy [:o)]

Frankly I don't recall how much the chicane adds to a typical lap time, but I was there for one of the GTP's taking flight...YIKES!

apex214 03-23-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slo1 (Post 2039890)
Those were past EMRA time trial times. The faster time was a prepared car on R comps. The later times were street driven cars on performance tires. What car are you running, SPEC Focus?

1:10 in a prepared SVTF with track tires? I have to think the potential is for much more, considering the last time I took a trophy at an EMRA event was in my (R.I.P) '99 Passat wagon 1.8T 5spd, with only Neuspeed sway bars, Performance Friction pads and a set of Kumho Victoracers. I was being conservative, with no alignment work and without doing much tire pressure adjusting, and my posted time was 1:10.770 (I had better laps during practice unfortunately). I would expect the 1:05-1:06 range to be possible without too much trouble in a well driven (that is, a better driver than me! I'm no veteran at this) SVTF on similar track tires...more power, lighter, better brakes than my old wagon.

I'm getting that old throttle pedal itch again...I have to get more use out of my helmet before the SA rating expires.

PS: No I'm not running Spec Focus...running nothing at the moment, just looking ahead to when I can budget the time and money again (sometimes have enough of one, not enough of the other).