Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drag Racing (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   2003 Civic SI Car Control (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15292)

HPFocus85 05-27-2004 11:57 AM

2003 Civic SI Car Control

I was in this parking lot cutting through when I saw this white civic si, the minivan looking thing, trying to drift. So i go up to him and ask if he'd like to run. He's got a Greddy EVO exhaust, AEM CAI, neuspeed strut tower bar, Eibach Pro Kit, and Wheels. I ask him if he'd like to road race and not drag race. He says sure so I told him to follow me. There is this road behind a strip mall that is about 2 miles long and it's really curvy and 4 lanes wide. It is about 11:30 p.m. so not alot of people are on the road. So we get beside eachother at the start of this road, and we decided, just to start slow so we weren't uneven. Well we get up to speed and the 1st sharp turn comes and he get's inside of me just because he was on that side, so 3/4 way through the turn and drop it and slide past him at about 45 so I'm ahead of him and shift to 3rd and get some speed, about 60, then I ebrake it around a hairpin and he lost it a little, he drops it and comes up beside me again and there is a sharp right turn and I'm on the left, so I drop it and ebrake it, get behind him and then floor it to get ont he other side of him and get away from him in the turn, so then the rest of the road is staright and then one more hairpin left and the end to a stoplight. and I get speed to almost a buck, and he can't keep up, I drop to 4th ebrake it and floor it so back end slide but I am going fast through the turn, and then slam on brake for the stoplight. he tried to hold it but he hit the curb and scratched his front lip a little, he was pissed but he got over it, we called it a night and I went back on the road and tried it again for a faster time you know, I did a little better but just becuase no damn Honda was in my way haha.

dwdgsi03 05-27-2004 12:01 PM

dude, why ebrake? you're wearing it out. just left foot brake. focus is front wheel drive so a little left foot braking will make you oversteer, and you can save your ebrake from suffering a massive stroke. just make sure you're in the right gear so you have some power coming out of the curve. my 2 cents

Infra3sv 05-27-2004 04:41 PM

Do you think using the e-brake helps you maintain speed around corners? I don't want to be a safety nazi but I recommend doing this kind of driving at the autoX.

ZETEC3 05-27-2004 04:47 PM

um.....k...........

focus mike 05-27-2004 06:11 PM

your retarded when you reck your car against a tree or poll or whatever there is maybe the "CURB" and your tires are laying horozontaly im gonna sit here and just

LMFAO @ U

go road racing where it is safe.

fsfocus 05-27-2004 06:36 PM

drums wont even lock at that speed... or at any speed for that matter haha... this guy is a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] and i doubt (because of the way he talks about it) that any of those ebrake turns were clean

averad 05-27-2004 06:47 PM

food tray drifting

Infra3sv 05-28-2004 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by focus mike
your retarded
[duh]

dwdgsi03 05-28-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Infra3sv
[duh]
lol me too [duh]

Beantown Focus 05-28-2004 08:29 AM

huh? sounds kinda 2fast 4 me, lol.....if you need to ebrake your corners your going way to fast.....ive beaten civic si's through curves and never once ebraked a corner...you dont need it, if you know what your doing.......