Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Stock Speakers Size (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152359)

Technoholic 03-06-2008 03:38 PM

Stock Speakers Size

I'm considering upgrading my interior speakers for my doors.

Here's the idea, for those who are dumbfounded about where the speakers are, sizes as well, and what are they too. Like speaker-tweeter? Plain speaker? And maybe make this thread a sticky.

I'm guessing there are four speakers, one in each doors, that's all? If so, what sizes are the front speakers and rear speakers?

I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers that matches the sizes and maybe connection too, and maybe some changes to make speakers to work properly as well.

I'd appreciate any help here and infos.

bilboda 03-06-2008 04:32 PM

Go to Crutchfield and put in your car info. It will all be there.

smallia16 03-06-2008 04:49 PM

If your 2006 has the same speakers as the oler foci the speakers will be 5x7" or 6x8" you can get speakers that are multi-fit (fit both 5x7" and 6x8") which would be ideal, or you can get speaker adaptors to fit 130mm (13cm, 5.25") components.

INCUBUSRATM 03-06-2008 08:29 PM

All Focus stock speakers (I've read on here, so don't quote me) are 5x7. 6x8s will work also. You'll need adapters to hook up aftermarket speakers. I bought Ford OEM premium speakers (that $30 speaker deal that was a craze a while back), so I didn't have to get adapters. Same plug-in type. If you can, I suggest trying to go back in the threads here on Audio and finding the thread called "Upgrade Your Speakers...CHEAP!" There's a link on there to the great speaker deal on PartsExpress.com. It's a clearance sale, offering the Ford OEM premium speakers for $30 shipped for a set of four. That's what I got, and the sound is great! I'm selling my four stock ones, btw. PM me if anyone is interested! Hope all my info I have to offer helps!

INCUBUSRATM 03-06-2008 08:53 PM

Nevermind, that "upgrade your speakers" thread is back on page 1 of the audio threads. It was brought back from the dead.

kenzx3 03-06-2008 10:01 PM

stock speaker size is 6x8 / 5x7

Insane 03-06-2008 10:36 PM

^^^ my 03 has 6x8. i'm glad i got rid of them and the radio!

INCUBUSRATM 03-06-2008 10:45 PM

5x7 and 6x8 are the same... Technically, the size for Focus is 5x7. Look on any site and it'll say our speaker size is 5x7. But 5x7 and 6x8 are the same thing, so it really doesn't matter...

SkyPilot 03-06-2008 10:49 PM

if you go to a best buy, take a look at some of the 5X7 speakers, and its printed right on them saying "Desgined for ford and Mazda Cars and Trucks" or something like that

Technoholic 03-07-2008 12:19 AM

Yeah, I've seen few of those too....

Does all the speakers come a pair? I mean when you want to buy speakers, you would have to buy two pack, and there's a pair per pack right?