Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheels & Tires - Sponsored By Tire Rack (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The "Official" Sway Bar Bushing and Endlink Thread (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151534)

besthaticouldo 02-28-2008 11:48 AM

The "Official" Sway Bar Bushing and Endlink Thread

So this topic has been beat to death. many many times. its always searched but many people dont find what they need. i've been researching for a few weeks on this stuff. here is what i have found.

Front:

There are really two options for endlinks from what i can tell. aside from stock. There are the Moog ones which seem to be prefered by most people on this site and by many racers of all kinds everywhere. But there is also the Powergrid set sold by NewEdgePerformance, which are adjustable, making the price quite a bit higher then the moog ones. Below i've put a link to both sets of endlinks so you can look for yourself. Both look to be of good quality and quite sturdier then the zetec ones which remind me of toothpicks.

Moog Front Sway Bar Endlinks

Powergrid Front Sway Bar Endlinks

as you can see tho the Moog set is quite a bit cheaper being around 60 bux before shipping and tax.

Then there are the front bushings for the focus. there is mainly one size front sway bar for the focus, thats 21mm. there is also the 18mm sway bar that is on the SPI as well as the 05+ S and SE Models. that i can find there are NO aftermarket bushings for the 18mm front sway bar. it would be best to get a new set from the factory or B16SIR1991 (Mike) on here, he could definetly hook you up. There are really one two sets of aftermarket bushings for the focus. Prothane and Energy. Energy clearly has the price advantage but have been rumored to wear out faster. Personally i bough Energy for myself, and i know a few other members have and loved them. But front sway bar bushings are cheap. about 12-15 bux before shipping and tax. Install im not sure of because i have never done it. but i dont know that it can be that hard. i believe through my research that energy only sells there bushings in a complete car kit. which i will list below, but remind you that it is the ENTIRE kit and not just sway bar bushings.

Prothane Front Sway Bar Bushings

Energy Complete Kit

Prothane Complete Bushing Kit

*if you want the complete prothane bushing kit, it also has both the front sway bar bushing kit as well as the rear sway bar bushing kit and rear sway bar endlinks. it includes more bushings then the energy kit and is a bit higher in price then the energy kit. but it needs to be added because it includes all the sway bar stuff besides the front sway bar endlinks.

Rear:

Now we move to the rear. There are two bar sizes in the rear. The Stock Non-SVT Size of 20mm and the Stock SVT Size of 21mm. The companies sell both the bushings and the rear endlinks as a kit. There are two main choices from what i can see. Prothane, Energy, and Moog. Energy one comes in a complete master bushing kit and Moog and Prothane Come seperately as in just the rear sway bar hardware. i havent actually heard of anyone using Moog for the rear however they are highly regarded in suspension parts and so i decided to include them. here are some links to find these parts.

Prothane 20mm Non SVT Rear Sway Bar Bushings and Endlinks

Prothane 21mm SVT Rear Sway Bar Bushings and Endlinks

Energy Complete Kit

Moog Sway Bar Bushings and Endlinks (Must Specify When Ordering)

Prothane Complete Bushing Kit
*if you want the complete prothane bushing kit, it also has both the front sway bar bushing kit as well as the rear sway bar bushing kit and rear sway bar endlinks. it includes more bushings then the energy kit and is a bit higher in price then the energy kit.
but it needs to be added because it includes all the sway bar stuff besides the front sway bar endlinks.

i hope this at least somewhat helps so people dont have to search and find this info through the vast FF Suspension threads out there...if there is anything to add...let me know and ill surely add it.

BeeFzX3 02-28-2008 12:04 PM

Nice info... Those Moog endlinks, I had something similar. Kragen sells it. These are rubber.
Urathane 100 times better!
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...ype=78&PTSet=A

mostholycerebus 02-28-2008 01:14 PM

Anyone got a part # for just the Energy endlinks?

dirtbrown 02-28-2008 01:16 PM

^^^ dont think energy makes endlinks.

besthaticouldo 02-28-2008 01:35 PM

they dont make just endlinks...they sell everything as a kit. the complete energy bushing kit. i havent been able to find just the rear endlinks from them.

dirtbrown 02-28-2008 01:37 PM

you can buy peice by piece....there just markedd up hella high...

besthaticouldo 02-28-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbrown (Post 1998452)
you can buy peice by piece....there just markedd up hella high...

where? i couldnt find it....

dirtbrown 02-28-2008 02:05 PM

I find em on ebay here and there.....just a matter of finding them.

besthaticouldo 02-28-2008 02:09 PM

ah...ok. thats why i didnt search e-bay...just retail vendors...which im sure are expensive as well if seperate. that kit is only 125 and thats a damn good price if you ask me.

dirtbrown 02-28-2008 02:24 PM

i paid 110 shipped (: haha