Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Racing Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Beat a Miata today! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13446)

WRCZX3 05-05-2004 02:17 PM

Beat a Miata today!

I don't know if it is considered a big win or not but it was for me. Please no lectures on the dangers of street racing because I am well aware of the consequences. I am 41 years old and have had thousands over the years. So, I came to a red light this afternoon, right next to a couple of younger guys in a Miata. Neither one of us look over at the other, but i am always ready for a quick race. The light goes green, we both roll off the light under full throttle. I was in first gear and just waiting to hop on it, so was he. Dead even through first gear and I hit it into second, still dead even, then at the top of second I start to pull on him, my rear fender was at his nose by now but we have to shut it down because we were catching traffic. He stays behind me for a while and turns into a gas station. I turned around to talk to him. I said good race and mention how close it was. Trying to sound humble, I say that he probably would have got me from a dead stop instead of a 2 or 3 mph roll. He kind of shrugs his shoulder doubting my idea. Then he asks if my car was as SVT and I said "no". Then he asks if it was a stick and I said "no". To try to make him feel better I did tell him that I had the 2.3 liter engine and it was a little bigger than his engine. By then he looks really surprised and disgusted and he comments on how nice my car sounds (Focus Central exhaust) I thank him and congratulate him on the race and leave. It just proved to me what a great little car the ZX3 is for the money and what a performace bargain it is. I can't wait to install my new intake and see how much quicker it feels.

rockthezx3 05-05-2004 03:47 PM

Nice job, did the miata have anything done to it?

WRCZX3 05-05-2004 04:03 PM

It appeared to be stock and the kid said it was stock with a standard shift. I would say it was a 2001 or 2002 model.

Turbo_SVT420 05-05-2004 04:11 PM

lol id kill the miata... nice job woopin him though im glad, i hate those little cars.

Bolan 05-05-2004 04:16 PM

congrats WRCZX3 , I do not like miatas too

viney266 05-05-2004 05:48 PM

Way to pee in my cereal, I own a mehaha, she handles GREAT but beating one in a drag ain't much to talk about, she is a slow, but hey, Good kill anyway!!!

rfinger 05-05-2004 05:55 PM

good point viney..........but still good kill though

sexy2002svt 05-05-2004 06:56 PM

hey, miata's aren't bad cars....... especially not the new mazdaspeed one [thumb] it has something like 180 hp, and it's light as hell. The only problem is that i'm about 6ft, and when i test drove it at MAZDAREVITUP my sight was partially blocked by the top of the windshield (it was a convertable), but it was still definatley a whole lot of fun to drive!

Infra3sv 05-05-2004 09:03 PM

Was it a new Miata?

CKA 05-05-2004 09:06 PM

I beat a Miata before with Auto car too. Easy win. Welcome and nice win!!!!!!!!![thumb] [welcome]