Focus Fanatics

Focus Fanatics (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Rally (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Hypothetical Question (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130714)

Bambooburnr 08-06-2007 10:14 PM

Hypothetical Question

If it were to hypothetically ask my hypothetical Father-in-law to let me build a Small Rally course on his hypothetical ranch in Oooo lets say Hypothetically Texas. I have a few questions Hypothetically

Besides ass loads of dirt and a Cat to move it What would you all think I would need to build it up

If he hypothetically owns the land would there be any issue with local zoning or law issues with running said hypothetical track. Even if it were in the middle of nowhere?[poke]

Nye 08-07-2007 08:44 AM

well it be for private use, then no cause it is your land and well you can do what you want with your land, to run it as a track as a business well that I wouldn't know. It might be okay because it is a ranch but I think that is a question for a lawyer or someone that knows what they are talking about

ktwelsch 08-07-2007 08:52 AM

Well if you hypothetically had a hypothetical ranch....I would drive from VA to see this track....and hypothetically use it. :D

eventerke 08-07-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambooburnr (Post 1704293)
If it were to hypothetically ask my hypothetical Father-in-law to let me build a Small Rally course on his hypothetical ranch in Oooo lets say Hypothetically Texas. I have a few questions Hypothetically

Besides ass loads of dirt and a Cat to move it What would you all think I would need to build it up

If he hypothetically owns the land would there be any issue with local zoning or law issues with running said hypothetical track. Even if it were in the middle of nowhere?[poke]

I'd hook up with your local SCCA - you could start by running SCCA RallyCross events there, and you'd be covered by the club insurance if anything happens.

scalderon 08-07-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktwelsch (Post 1704722)
Well if you hypothetically had a hypothetical ranch....I would drive from VA to see this track....and hypothetically use it. :D

^that's pretty funny, hypothetically speaking of course[hihi]

but i agree, if its private land and for private use, i dont think there should be a problem

MDBF 08-09-2007 02:20 PM

I'd also hypothetically like to drive on a course like that. And then hypothetically crash into a hypothetical tree, because (hypothetically speaking) I've never actually driven a rally course before, hypothetical or otherwise.

Still, sounds like an awesome hypothetical idea.

Xetchx 08-09-2007 02:28 PM

Yep shouldn't be a problem. My brother has about 70 acres in East Texas and we have built a seriously intense cross country course (dirt bike)on it.
But like Eventerke said insurence is going to be the killer, if you plan on letting friends drive on it you might wanna get them to sign a waiver, and if you go public you will deffinatly need insurence.

louby 08-10-2007 01:42 AM

yes a road trip to texas would be sweet.
about 1600 miles for me though.

NikiterZTS 08-10-2007 02:13 AM

this thread is Hypothetically good

gratefullife 08-10-2007 02:37 AM

Hypothetically if one were to be able to pull said hypothetical insurance cost and what not together and hypothetically be able to hook up with the SCCA, then hypothetically I would imagine that there could be some potential hypothetical money to be made of said hypothetical business venture. Not to mention possible hypothetical tax breaks if part of such an organization as the SCCA. All Hypothetically speaking, of course![thumb]

If said venture were to ensue though, it would be nice for said members of some club/gathering of individuals that say share the same vehicle (hypothetically of course) would be allowed a small break in cost to run though! Would take some serious re-thought on where to put mods at though depending on the design of the track!