Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Official Polls & Surveys (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125090)

markhamgurl 06-15-2007 03:00 PM

What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced?

I'm interested to find out what percentage of members here have had problems with their Focus. It seems like all I read are stories of these vehicles breaking down and being really unreliable!

I think we all tend to focus on the negative rather than the positive, so I thought a poll might give a better idea as to what sorts of issues people are having.

muskratjames 06-15-2007 04:33 PM

Well, my '00 ZTS was problematic, relatively speaking. Bought it with 4k miles on it, sold it with 12k. The passenger side mirror fell off simply while I was washing the car, and the brakes had a squeak that three dealerships never could chase down (though it didn't help that the dealers where I used to live were rather rude to begin with). Considering I didn't have it long...

My '04 SVT hasn't given me problems so far, though I haven't had it for very long yet. The only issues I've noted are that the sun visors fall out of their mounting hole easily, and I also had one of the cables that releases the hatchback's seatback come out of its mounting hole. Both are fixable in about 6 seconds, so no biggie.

Django 06-15-2007 05:05 PM

Cluch feels like its slipping. Which is leading to 1st gear feeling like im starting the car out in second.

Rear bumpers loose. Itll fall off if they dont ever fix it.

Weird idle sometimes. Real rough on start at times. Its weird.

No option up for me. Its all covered by warrenty

strung 06-15-2007 05:16 PM

the only problem ive had yet is my battery light comming on once in a while ...(loose alt wire)

02ZX3inPA 06-15-2007 05:56 PM

I've has a few annoying problems, but the car is 5 yrs old, and had almost 67k on it when I bought it. I've spent money on an alternator, vr plug, and catching up the maintainence (was obviously neglected a little), and my 3 month used car warranty took care of the other stuff. Now its running just fine.

bigjordan 06-15-2007 10:09 PM

i had my focus for almost five years(it was a 2000). it had its fair share of problems(some of them rather irritating/dangerous) but i think if ford were to ever come out with another desirable car, then i might be tempted to buy. then again, i dont see ford making any headway in the desirable car market so i really dont have to worry about any future purchases(no, i do not find the mustang remotely appealing).

nuskool 06-15-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjordan (Post 1629124)
i had my focus for almost five years(it was a 2000). it had its fair share of problems(some of them rather irritating/dangerous) but i think if ford were to ever come out with another desirable car, then i might be tempted to buy. then again, i dont see ford making any headway in the desirable car market so i really dont have to worry about any future purchases(no, i do not find the mustang remotely appealing).

Funny, I feel the same way about most car companies. Hardly any of them make anything truly appealing. I do like the look of the new mustangs though. 94-04 didn't cut it for me though.

zx3y 06-15-2007 11:00 PM

minor repair

had to replace my berings on my idelerpully on my duretec

Apoc 06-16-2007 01:45 AM

my power steering fluid reservoir cracked and needed to be replaced. Thats about it

Chick 06-16-2007 01:53 AM

I have a '03 and I bought it new with 146 miles on it. It has 57K on it now & so far my problems have been:

-6 disc CD player jammed.
-Wiper relay bad
-Water pump
-Plug wires went bad for some odd reason.
-Reverse light switch replaced.

Then just other little problems from aftermarket parts that were installed. It's been a reliable car for us so far.