Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engine & Transmission Swap (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Contour SVT Swap! Proj. Log! (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121550)

Timmeh! 05-11-2007 11:48 PM

Contour SVT Swap! Proj. Log!

alright, well to spare me the time of retyping it up, and to spare those of you who choose to avoid the backstory time, i'm gonna leave the story
here
moving on.

well as of right now i have:
an MTX75 tranny (with the right bell housing)
a garage to work in (car is already there)
plenty of people to help
and the whole front fascia and hood removed for conveinence.

tomorrow (technically this) morning i'm "talking with my parents" about "college and the car" and so i'm sure my plan will meet some resistance, but w/e. i already have a trans that is waiting to be shipped out (still need to find a place that can receive it). hopefully i can also convince my dad to provide "financial assistance" in the form of "direct payment for my engine".

i'll def keep everyone posted in here. when major work gets done pics will be uploaded accordingly. and if anyone has done a lot of research on this swap and has any comments and/or advice, please share.

Algorhythm 05-12-2007 09:07 AM

You're deciding to swap an engine/trans in a car rather than going to college?

MattZX3 05-12-2007 09:11 AM

im sure his parents are like mine

"stop putting the car before anything else..."

or

"what are you going to do with your life?...."

im sure their just nagging at him, because they dont WANT him to work on the car, and spend all of his time sitting in school...

well, gl man, make sure you keep us updated on how its going

Algorhythm 05-12-2007 09:19 AM

Education always should come first. You can always swap an engine in a car, the desire to learn fades in most people over time.

APGEcho 05-12-2007 09:29 AM

I'm helping with the swap, and last I heard from him, he was leaving for school in like... July. So I'm guessing what he means, "the car and school," is that he needs to get the car done before that :P

Algorhythm 05-12-2007 10:39 AM

Oh sounds good.. just hate to see people throw a lot of their good years away due to a project or something else that could have waited.

Happened to my girlfriend's father.

mpsii 05-12-2007 11:09 AM

What if your job aspirations ARE the car?

Algorhythm 05-12-2007 12:40 PM

Well then you picked the right career. [:)]

heelflip101 05-12-2007 12:57 PM

I just had to give up on a few upgrades, my scholarship coordinator lost my paperwork and I had one day to pay. Anyone want to donate to me? jk. I love the swap I really want to see it complete as well as see the final costs.

Ryan

Timmeh! 05-12-2007 01:48 PM

i'll def keep you guys updated.
and yes i am going to school.

California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo.

for Computer Engineering. and we had the chat, i almost got my mom sold on the swap.

and yes the financial costs are being recorded.