Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Technical Chat (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   HELP!! CEL Chip & Header (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112865)

Zetecrazy 02-19-2007 08:44 PM

HELP!! CEL Chip & Header

I have had a race header with the MIL o2 cheater and my CEL light was not on. I bought a Diablpsport Delta chip and had it on the car for a month, but had problems with the LED on the toggle switch not working (no CEL on), so I sent the chip back. I got a new chip and put it in and now my CEL keeps on coming on reading P0136 (o2 bank 1 sensor 2) I replaced the downstream o2 sensor figuring this might be the problem, but everytime I turn off the light it comes back on shortly after. The chip is tuned to the header. What could be the cause of this CEL light coming on?? I figured the chip and CEL timing might have been coincidental, but now I don't know. Shouldn't a header tune turn off the CEL, not on? and could it possibly mean the MIL o2 cheater went bad? or do you think it is the chip?

Focistang85 02-20-2007 01:20 AM

What kind of "cheater" do you have????

Zetecrazy 02-20-2007 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Focistang85 (Post 1452613)
What kind of "cheater" do you have????

it goes on the second o2 sensor between the sensor and the wiring harness. It turns off the CEL if you have a header.

lildisco 02-20-2007 10:49 AM

sounds as though your MIL Eliminator isn't working. Bank 1 Sensor 2 is the 02 Sensor after the Cat.

Focistang85 02-20-2007 12:49 PM

^^And Bingo was his name-o. I was thiking the same thing.

Zetecrazy 02-20-2007 07:36 PM

That's what i was thinking...is it common for the o2 cheaters to go bad?

Focistang85 02-20-2007 07:48 PM

I dunno. I've never used one. Maybe you just got a bad one?

SkaAddict 02-20-2007 07:51 PM

Cheap ones do...I got mine from New Edge and its been fine for the past 60,000 miles. Although if you have a chip why not just get it burned so it'll turn off the downstream O2 sensor?

Zetecrazy 02-20-2007 07:59 PM

Nah....I had it on for about 4 months and it worked fine....the day the light started coming on throwing the o2 sensor code, my battery terminal came loose and shorted my car...when I reconnected the terminal properly, about 20 miles later the CEL came on....I replaced the sensor...still light keeps on coming on...I'm thinkin maybe there is a resister in the o2 cheater that blew or something.

I figured that my chip would eliminate the light as well, but even with the header tune on my chip, my light is coming on.

But i guess it is possible that when my terminal came loose and shorted out my car, is messed up the cheater.

=/ you think I should get a new cheater and see what happens?

Focistang85 02-20-2007 08:06 PM

That is definately a possibility.