Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum

Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/index.php)
-   MK1 Focus (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   removal of rear hatch trim? (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10221)

B-townZX3 03-29-2004 02:41 PM

removal of rear hatch trim?

Looking for some info on removing my hatch trim above the license plate and also the rear emblems i.e. focus, ZX3. thanks in advance for anyone that can help.[8]

Lil PZEV 03-29-2004 03:00 PM

I think the hatch trim is held in by a few screws, some people have switched them so I'm sure someone might tell you more about it. As for the little badges, check out the Howto on the FF homepage for "debadging", or do a search with that term- I thik there are some active threads about it now. Basically you can peel them off (they're only plastic) or use a heat gun, dental floss... they're held on with double-sided adhesive tape, but not too difficult to get off.

Focusedat50 03-29-2004 03:04 PM

Not sure about the rear hatch trim but if you do a search on "debadging" you'll find threads with lots of ideas on the ZX3 and Focus emblems. Basically heat up the focus and ZX3 emblems (you can use a hair dryer)and they should peel off fairly easy ( some have said to use fishing line to lift them off). Any residue can be removed with goo-be-gone, nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol or 3M adhesive remover just be sure and apply some wax to the area.

bak9799 03-29-2004 05:17 PM

To remove the rear hatch you neeed to open the hatch. Remove the 4 push tabs(plastic) then take off the door panel. Once the door panel is removed, you'll need to take off the wiper motor so you can get to the bolts that hold the trim piece on. You can let the motor hang you won't do any damage to it.
After then you can remove the 4 bolts that hold the trim piece on.
Put back together in the reverse order.

Hope that helps

blackandgold 03-29-2004 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by bak9799
To remove the rear hatch you neeed to open the hatch. Remove the 4 push tabs(plastic) then take off the door panel. Once the door panel is removed, you'll need to take off the wiper motor so you can get to the bolts that hold the trim piece on. You can let the motor hang you won't do any damage to it.
After then you can remove the 4 bolts that hold the trim piece on.
Put back together in the reverse order.

Hope that helps

That is exactly what i did to get my chrome trim on good walk thru bak!!

smoknzx3 03-29-2004 05:48 PM

if you take off the trim whats under it? I hate the black trim I got but I thought if you took it off it would leave a ugly spot with screw holes. I just debadged my and it's pretty easy I used a hair drier and dentail floss. Then to get the tape off I used bug and tar remover

B-townZX3 03-29-2004 06:12 PM

Hey thanks everyone for the hot tips on removing that stuff ill let you know how it went[:D]

B-townZX3 03-30-2004 02:31 PM

well it turned out great, the hardest part for me was getting the glue off, and thanks to bak9799 for the walk through on the hatch trim that was perfect and made it simple to do. thanks again everyone![cheers]

Zarelli6 04-04-2004 09:47 PM

btw, for anyone who has a 'cd silver' focus, Dupli-color High Performance Wheel Coating matches the color almost perfectly.