Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Your rally builds

11K views 40 replies 9 participants last post by  suds85 
#1 ·
I would like too see pictures of your focus rally car builds. I myself have a 2001 ZTS, midnight blue. Post pictures of your car dirty, up on jacks, build progress, and any damage you may have caused in a rally! I'll be taking pictures today when I get home!

#9 ·
I know I'm a little late to this discussion but check out our team and build at our website here: www.juggernautmotorsports.ca

We currently run 2 2000 Focus ZX3's with a list of mods. One was born in 2010 and the other just this past year in 2012.

Questions? Fire away. I've been more active on FJ but I'm here now too!

Just thought I'd throw a few fun pics your way!

#10 ·
Any suggestions on a good suspension set up? Also check out my group rally revolution. It'd be great to have you considering you both love Foci and you rally them!

#11 ·
Well like most people you probably don't have $6000+ to throw at suspension so you're pretty limited to hotbits or JVAB stuff I believe TSSFAB is his name though I could be mistaken. Those setups will run slightly north of $2000 but to be honest they're all you need for learning to get fast (so basically the first few years).

#15 ·
I have a tendancy to jump my car. I just bent a strut and am replacing them with Koni Reds. Will those take more abuse than oem? I imagine they would but are they gonna be too stiff?

#16 ·
I don't really know the Koni products in terms of engineering but if its a sheet metal strut body like oem with dinky pistons then you'll bend anything you put in there.

I'm going to assume you do this stuff on private property or at rallyx or the like. I DO NOT condone illegal driving on public roads and I won't continue to comment if I hear that this is what someone is doing. Rally in North America has enough issues as it is; having someone in the newspaper with even a car that just looks like it has a rally affiliation is BAD news for everyone plus you could hurt someone including yourself (we wear helmets and HANS and have cages with 6 point belts for a reason).

End rant. Don't take that the wrong way, we just have too much to lose.

#17 ·
Everything i tell anyone in my car is done legally on my property or friends property with permission and activities are discontinued when permission isn't given. I do practice writing jemba on public roads but at legal speeds, I live very close too the Ojibwe forest course and run out there. I did however get to run that course closed when I was doing time control... Lots of fun. Just check out the group and don't be a grouch :) we are all friendly and active and love talking rally!

Looking forward to seeing you in the group.
Is there a certain member number you'd like? The list of members is posted. Any number not listed is available. You could have your Rally America car number if its not taken

#18 ·
when your team builds comp points are you going to run super production? If so would you swap a focus too an AWD system or would you stay FWD?

#19 ·
I'm not a grouch but you'll get that from my future responses no doubt. We run almost strictly canadian events because that's where we live lol. We've run Black River once but it's a NASA event anyways.

In Canada they just changed the class structure for 2013 to make things really simple:

Production 4wd

Open 4wd

Production 2wd

Open 2wd

Being that we used to be in an NA under 2.3L adjusted displacement (1.15 mutiplier for dohc) 2wd class (it was called group 2) and have now been combined with 32mm inlet restrictor turbo 2wd cars, we're going to stay NA. I'm doing some headwork this season and a full built race engine in a year or two with around 220whp+. This year I'm expecting to end up with around 160-170whp.

An awd conversion is a little excessive. I'm not sure what driveline to source and Subarus and Evos already come with a great one if you get my drift. Not to mention that a properly driven 2wd car can take open cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.