Focus Fanatics Forum banner

want to see some times for 2.3

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DJslurp1200 
#1 ·
Im thinking about buying another focus and debating between a 2.3 car or a svt focus. What kind of quarter mile times are you guys running with a 2.3 and bolt ons?

#5 ·
Not sure how the gearing differs on the 5spd 2.3 PZEV hatch vs. the ST but I know the ST picks up an extra 6hp or so over the PZEV motor...

I have not been to a track before so I can't say anything about any times I'm running but I can say whether you go with EITHER the ST or the SVT you will not be dissapointed because both cars are great and have alot of potential!

#8 ·
I ran my car at the beginning of the season. At the time my performance mods were: cosworth cai, fc tb, cosworth header/flex, borla 2.5" exhaust, 93oct FS tune, and cfm rear dogbone. My clutch slips mega bad so i ran a best of 15.1 @ 95mph. I lost a ton of time due to the clutch slipping. If my clutch wasn't slipping i would have probably been able to hit a mid-high 14.

#9 ·
at FocusFest last year in the ST vs SVT challenge the st pulled better in the 1/8th but the SVT reeled it in on the top end. it just depends what you prefer. better bottom end or better top end. do you want a hatch back svt or a 4 door st? the svt would end up being harder to maintain due the the rarity of replacement parts. and the ST would probably be more expensive to mod since its hasnt been out for as long.

#11 ·
That sounds about right for stock cars. Once you mod the ST the "bottom end/top end doesn't matter. It's going to be faster than the SVT. An ST with an intake will pull even or beat an SVT. An ST with intake and exhaust will have no problem beating an SVT. In my D23 PZEV with intake and exhaust i beat bolt on svt focuses several times without issue. The good thing about the ST is that it is NOT expensive to mod. Probably less expensive to mod than the SVT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.