Focus Fanatics Forum banner

News on the 2013 st!!!

5K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Julian@TireRack.com 
#1 ·
We've got a local customer who is looking to get a package for the winter but of course, we haven't had one in the shop yet so we can't get the proper specs on the clearance. Well he's coming in today and we will be taking every possible measurement on it so we'll have fitments on this in the upcoming weeks!

I'll keep you posted as soon as the fitments are complete, but let me know if you have any direct questions on this in the meantime.

#7 · (Edited)
I JUST ordered today through Hunter (super nice guy BTW), the Bremmer BR09 18x8" wheels and Conti DWS 235/40's for shipping next week. If your customer is getting a similar set up let me know if there is any issues.

Wondering about the 45mm offset more than anything else. Brake clearance shouldn't be an issue, but wondering about any possible fender rubbing problems with the wheel sticking out 10mm more.

#8 ·
Wondering about the 45mm offset more than anything else. Brake clearance shouldn't be an issue, but wondering about any possible fender rubbing problems with the wheel sticking out 10mm more.
Sounds like it should work, not 100% though. Let us know and we should have all our data loaded by the begining of next week with ones we know fit.

#9 · (Edited)
Julian, i hope you can post up what the radius is to the outside of the caliper.

Sometimes there are wheels that you dont stock that might be made to work. (ie. like all the 15" wheels that can be made to fit over the SVT brakes if you look hard enough).

#10 · (Edited)
So, when the time comes, we'll be able to browse 16" and 17" (if not 15") wheels for this car in addition to 18"s on your site?

I'm only asking because if you search wheels for "SVT Focus," it will only show 17" (OEM) and 18" sizes, even though 16"s fit. So, whenever I want to look at 16" wheels for my SVT, I have to search "Focus ZX5" and then cross my fingers...

I know I will want 17" wheels (for a taller sidewall and more pothole resistance) when I get my ST, so it would be nice to be able to see these options.

Or is it company policy to not show wheels that are smaller than OEM for any given car? (Which would be understandable, I guess.)

#13 ·
when it comes to winter wheels its about safety not looks but i do agree you can get just as good of winter wheels on a 16" wheel as you could a 15" wheel.

#14 ·
I'll keep you posted as soon as the fitments are complete, but let me know if you have any direct questions on this in the meantime.
My ST is due in October, anxious to see the results of your inquest on which wheels will fit.

#15 ·
Great job Julian on getting wheel recommendations up on TireRack.com! That's very helpful.

Some of the following info has been posted previously but I confirmed with Ford today the specs of the stock 2013 ST wheels as well as the full size spare specs which I have not seen anywhere else.

Stock 18" Wheel:
Wheel Size: 18 x 8
Backspace: 6.673"
Offset: 55mm
Hub Size: 63.3mm
Weight: 25lbs
Tire Size: 235/40/18

Spare Tire:
Wheel Size: 16 x 6.5
Offset: 50mm
Tire Size: 215/55/16

The Ford rep would not confirm any other info relating to these wheels/tires but did say that he assumes the hub size of the spare wheel to be the same as the 18" wheel as it would not make sense to be different. I asked if the spare is the same steel wheel for the regular Focus and he would not commit to an answer.

#17 ·
Spare Tire:
Wheel Size: 16 x 6.5
Offset: 50mm
Tire Size: 215/55/16

The Ford rep would not confirm any other info relating to these wheels/tires but did say that he assumes the hub size of the spare wheel to be the same as the 18" wheel as it would not make sense to be different. I asked if the spare is the same steel wheel for the regular Focus and he would not commit to an answer.
It's the exact same spare setup the Ti Handling Pkg has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.