Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My car beat me today :(

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  ChrisRobin 
#1 ·
So this afternoon at around 1pm I decided: "That's it, today is the day the euro bumper is going on!...and I'll need to trim the exhaust back a few inches too." (I've had that euro bumper sitting on the bedroom floor for over a year now).

I then realized the rear piece of my POS Trubendz exhaust wasn't coming off. The joint wasn't separating. I wanted to take apart the exhaust and tweak the hangers to improve fitment. I guess I'll have to order a new 2.5" coupler from SummitRacing to try another to hack this thing apart another day.

I get to my bumper. The bolt that fastens the bumper to the car on the driver's side started spinning: "Ah you mother of a whore!" I tried holding it with needle nose pliers but the [:)][:)][:)][:)]er kept spinning.

Then I tried removing those stupid plastic screws that always break. There are 4 of them that hold the bumper to the frame near the hatch. Well they weren't coming undone without me cutting them out. Since I don't have any replacements and I was getting angry, there was no sense in continuing this nonsense so I stopped.

Ever have a day like that where nothing works?!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.