Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2000 Focus SE 2.0L Split Port - No Injector Pulse

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

I have been a proud owner of a 2000 Ford Focus SE with a 2.0L Split Port for almost a decade. Apart from regular maintenance I have never had any issues with my car. It currently has just under 228,000 km on it. I had the water pump replaced a short while ago and at the time the tech had told me that the timing belt was quite worn, however due to financial reasons I did not get it replaced at the time. Sure enough, after a month, I was driving home and the car just stalled out on the highway. I had it towed home and it sat for a couple months before I had enough money to get the timing belt done. I had a mobile mechanic come over to replace the fuel filter, belt, plugs and plug wires. Tried to start the car and it cranks but refuses to start. So he checked for fuel, spark and compression, all of which we have; however there is no injector pulse. He checked this by placing a round diode looking thingy on each injector pluggy thingy and there was no light flashing like it is supposed to. The funny thing he said is that he had intermittent pulse when he did a diagnostic before he replaced the belt; that's how he knew it was the timing belt. We wiggled all the connections around the cam sensor which he suspects it is, but I have heard everything from a faulty Throttle position sensor to a failed power control module. I would be extremely grateful if anyone has any suggestion as to how I can narrow down the problem.

On a side note the guy had a Snap On computer which he plugged in and said there were no codes showing. The car did sit for a couple months with a dead battery over the winter and I am not sure if the gasoline went bad or if the lack of power for so long in the cold weather could have anything to do with this.

Thanks Again

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.