Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Getting new magnaflow exhaust put on, keep old exhaust system?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ox-y-GenIII 
#1 ·
I was curious do they normally give back what they take off? do i need to ask should i even keep it? just wondering thanks.

#2 ·
Your exhaust was stainless steel. It is worth money. If they cut it all to hell to throw it away, then it is junk.
If you had ASKED in advance to keep it in one piece, and return it to you. Store it in your garage and sell it years later for $100.
As is, the throw it away, or sell it to a scrap yard.

#10 ·
Someone on here is your best bet. Stainless doesn't wear out so demand for stock is low. Collision repair or someone wanting to put the stock back on to sell the car are primary buyers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

#11 ·
I was also looking into the magnaflow system for mine. The magnaflow instructions show the stock exhaust being cut into two pieces, one cut at the front and one by the rear suspension. If I had a muffler shop do mine I was going to specify that it be cut as such so it could be sold or reinstalled if a future owner didn't want the magnaflow, or if I decided to remove and sell the SS magnaflow and CAI to make the car more marketable to the general public.

#12 ·
My exhaust was cut unto 3 pieces that could be put back together if need be, but I probably will never put it back on. If I decide to get rid of it ill bring it to the scrap yard for a little money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.