Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Jrsc bbk tune

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  spc_fruit 
#1 ·
HI,

My Tuner is having some difficulty tuning my car. 2003 Focus ZETEC.

I am in AUSTRALIA and he is using an XCAL3 with SCT Software,

he is saying that the car is not idleing correctly,
He says the car is Lumpy down low and wants to stall,
Whilst idling he says the car is in a constant open loop.

i havent been able to get a Datalog cause he just wont give me one.

Can anyone suggest anything that might be wrong?

i said to him to check the timing on the cams because i think there is an issue there - as the people who installed the reconditioned engine removed the head for cleaning.

regards,
Sean

#3 ·
yes well telling him and getting what i want are always two different things.

I will ask again today...no i will tell him to get me one today.

To be really honest with you i hope he cant tune it - that way i forgo paying him the $1800 for the tune and pay Tom the $550!

#6 ·
yeah the cams are super easy to get out of time. Heck even from the factory they can bee off a little, this is why some zetecs are more powerful than others.

And holy cow that's expensive for a tune. When I got my cams dyno tuned, I TOLD them I want a print out for each run. And that's exactly what I got. Well hopfully you'll get it all figured out. Of course if I lived where you do I'd probably be driving a Falcon for sure, if I could afford I'm sure lol

#7 ·
Car Demon - Yes i have an Xcal3 - problem is the car is with the tuner - some good 45 min away by taxi - i dont have means of getting there.

thanks sleepyboy - Yer well there are just some people that just dont listen huh.

Dont worry - ive asked for a final dyno print out of the car when he finnishes with it.

Yer you and everyone else - BF MK2 Falcon XR6T's are cheap now - phase 3 tune = 360+ RWKW........every dog and his mother has them.

You want class - FG F6 !

#9 ·
Hey DJ,

this is 100% correct - which is why im scratching my head wondering what the hell is going on. If the cams where that bad - then i should of bent a rod or blown the engine.

I got him to perform a compression check to make sure its still providing correct Compression.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.