Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Uni Filter

6K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  TboneZX3 
#1 ·
Well guys,

I am going to try something different. I am going to mount a Uni Filter UP4275ST 2.75" ID x 4" in length filter into my 12 Focus while still utilizing the OEM air box.

Reason I went with the shorter dimension filter is that it will allow the filter to get literally a 360* of air...and now that air will also be drawn from the huge 6" opening in the front of the air box.

The filter length of 4" is used to mount the filter deep inside the box to prevent water from being sucked in.

I ran this same filter in my 06 WRX that supported over 400WHP so I am sure this will be plenty of filter for our Focus. It is also a dual stage filter so filtering out dirt is a breeze[gunfire][gunfire][gunfire][gunfire]

#5 ·
I've been looking at the UP6275ST filter to use with my K&N intake. It is this same filter, only 2" longer. Please post your impressions when you get it!

#9 ·
How often did you find yourself needing to clean the UNI when you had it on your Subie?

#7 ·
#8 ·
That is a pretty sweet filter, Brabs. I wish I would've known about it a couple weeks again.
Posted via FF Mobile

#13 ·
Just took some picks of the new Filter. I know a drop i would have been easier but with all the people cutting holes and modding this and that. This can solve both.

RX-4870

#14 ·
Nice project Brabs. I think it deserves its own thread. Only folks looking searching for a UNI filter are going to find this.

#18 ·
Well guys,

I am going to try something different. I am going to mount a Uni Filter UP4275ST 2.75" ID x 4" in length filter into my 12 Focus while still utilizing the OEM air box.
bump.

Any updates on the UNI filter?

#20 ·
Awww, nuts.

Do you happen to know if the "length" spec that UNI states includes the clamp flange, or is it just the length of the filter element? I emailed UNI about this early last week and got no response. The reason I ask is that the 6" filter will be a tight fit with the K&N Typhoon if the spec doesn't include the flange.

#21 ·
I believe it is 4" filter...flange is like .5"

The UNI UP-4275ST filter has the following dimensions

4.5" (115mm) overall OD
2.75" (70.0mm) inlet ID
4" (101.6mm) installed height
0° straight inlet, no angle

#25 ·
OK. When you finally get your filter, could you please confirm the measurement for me? Thanks for the help.

#30 ·
I'm probably not going to do that. UNI doesn't quite match the flow rate of an equal-sized K&N, and my K&N is larger than the 4" UNI. Granted, the UNI filters better, and that's exactly why I was considering it.

I think for now I'm just going to buy and Outerwears prefilter for my K&N. I will consider adding the 6" UNI later. I can modify the current setup to give me just enough room for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.