Focus Fanatics Forum banner

oil pressure high in the focus head???

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  ZXthrizzle05 
#1 ·
I was talking to the guy that i am buying my turbo kit from. he said that the focus has a high oil pressure in the head and like to blow the SPA turbos by putting to much oil into them. is this true? should i get a restrictor like a jet or something? He said i could get like a nitrous jet to restrict the oil flow going to the turbo...

#2 ·
i've seen most turbo installs use the factory oil pressure sensor location for oil supply or a sandwich adapter. I've never heard of such thing of what your stating...

#3 ·
If the guy that is selling you your turbo kit told you this he doesnt have a clue what he is talking about and you should run from any advise he is giving you

Reason one ) oil psi is the same in an engine if its taken from the oil at the block or head

Reason two) there is or has been no issues with hundreds of Foci people getting the oil from the head

I would be very carefull with any turbo advise from this guy if he doesnt know any more then this , who is it ?

Use the restricter between the oil line and turbo to lower the oil psi going into the turbo

Tom

#5 ·
Use the restricter between the oil line and turbo to lower the oil psi going into the turbo

Tom
sorry if something was misunderstood but this is actually what he told me to do. where would i get a proper sized restrictor? im not sure on this part yet.

this info was given by a guy from some company that does not really work on foci... he said the couple he heard about thought they had to put a restrictor between the oil line and turbo. he bought a bunch of spa kits a long time ago and is selling them off.

#4 ·
It is higher than usual if you have a high flow oil pump, but it only depends on the turbo if you'll need a restrictor, they come in different sizes to match the different needs.

#7 ·
ok i emailed support of the people i believe are in charge of SPA. we shall see what they say.. if they dont say anything and i found out the specs of the turbo could you tell me what size i would need?

#8 ·
shane my turbo gets its oil from the head. theres two little ports on the drivers side of the head. the one closest to the fan i ran to my turbo and the one closest to the firewall i ran to the oil pressure gage. this guy honestly scares me with advise hes giving out

#11 ·
ok cool. i think i saw that somewhere.. also SPA just emailed me back... saying they dont know the exact size but .065" is a common size.

What are the size restrictor is everyone else using for a smaller turbo..

#12 ·
Also use the port Tom describes. The restrictor varies not because the size of the turbo, generally journal bearings use .065, ball bearings approximately use .032-.035, on some (mine) the restrictor is built in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.