Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Austin FocusFEST 2011 Caravan Thread

7K views 61 replies 9 participants last post by  Zab 
#1 · (Edited)
Alrighty then, I'm gonna put this up so We in Austin can coordinate when will be the best time and place to meet up so We can roll smoothly out of TX and meet up with the other TX caravans along the way.

Any and all ideas and suggestions welcome.

Here is the current list of members leaving from Austin

Tom
Myself
Alex
James(?)
Tommy

#8 ·
Hey Alex, when you're heading up to Dallas this weekend, maybe just double check the outlet location?

As I remember there is an on ramp directly from the frontage road onto I35.

I'm ok with meeting whereever, we just need to make sure that the location we choose does not have a traffic light before the on ramp so that the group stays together.

#11 ·
Tom's idea for the outlet mall works. On ramp is right there and very easy access. just make sure you get gas and food before meeting up. Now where are we meeting with other groups and what are the miles and estimated miles betweens stops. and most importantly what day/time are we leaving? Tom, how is everything getting there that is needed? Are you trailering or is everything being sent there? its getting close!!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Alex, trophies will be sent directly to the track. I plan on drivng my Focus there and probably going to need some help carrying a few things.

I'm hoping to leave really early Thursday morning.

#12 ·
I should probably keep an eye on this as well.

Because depending on my ride situation ... I may need to hitch a ride along with you guys.

-Ray-

#14 ·
Ray don't worry I'm going to austin and going to hitch a ride with Jason. I worry that my car won't get there. So that is the plan.

#15 ·
Jason will also be having a TDS member with him as well so it may be a full ride lol

#17 ·
hahaha its all good. ill probably sleep anyways. Plus i can pack for a weeks trip easy in a backpack. But the upside to a full ride is cheaper on gas for everybody.

#20 ·
so looks like give or take a bit its 1100 miles one from from where im at in north Austin. Are we all meeting in Dallas? And where do we think we want to stop for the night. I know its different for everyone leaving from different cities what is the plan there?

#24 ·
OK guys this is getting close and we need to nail down the plans. The Austin group, since we need to get there early, is leaving Thursday in the morning (Per Tom). I know we are towing James' car there because we get better mileage with our team tow vehicls so we are also taking up the other things Tom needed help with. So we really need to get on this and see who is leaving with us and who is going to have to catch up or head out the next day. I saw Team Focalize is planning on heading out on Friday so maybe who ever can't leave on Thursday can meet up with them and caravan along. Thankfully gas is steadily going down so it will be easier on gas. Around the corner from my house its only 3.12 and there is always a line to get gas there. So we need to figure out who is actually going and what day they are able to leave. Tom and I are leaving Thursday. Big Body and Jason and other TDS members im not sure yet. We will be planning more this Saturday.

#26 ·
No worries about saturday Jason, we know you have work. Besides ive been out of town the last two weeks at cars. Who was going to ride with you? We just need to make sure they are here by the time we are ready to leave. I think you said Tommy was riding with you right? Tom can you confirm what time you wanted to leave.

#28 ·
Yeah James told me about what your doing with the bumper!! Ive deffinately been out of the loop. But tonight should be a great night! Its also a mandatory meeting for all the new guys.we got some new stuff that we came up with that we have not seen anyone else doing!!

#29 ·
What can I say, I love what I do but I hate the hours. I've been lauding My Own lack of involvement lately, figured a one-off part would be a nice addition and hopefully something that can bring a trophy home for TDS at Heatwave, if it comes back in time. I may have better luck making it to the early meet, but I'll try for both. Would be good to meet new folks and see new stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.