Focus Fanatics Forum banner

my 2nd night at the track

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  cruzstyle 
#1 ·
Welll guys and gals focalpoint went to a local 1/8 mile track here in south carolina. First i have to say that if you have to drive 1 mile on a dirt road to get to the track you going to, its *******.[;)] Sorry for no pics i don't have a digital camera, but my best reaction time was .003 yes .003 but it was a fluke most of my reactions times were at .3. My 60 ft time were nothing impressive ethier the average was 2.34. And no matter how hard i tried i couldn't get into the 9 sec range. They weren't any tuners there except for us and a sti with stage 2 componets. Mostly were hot rods and bikes. Um the sti kicked my ass alot, he ran 8.3 and i had a 10.1. The other foci i was running with i was beating by like .3-.6 seconds. Slocus beat me one and came close 2 other times.(good job to him) I did however have a couple mishpas. the female peice that connets to the coil pack keep coming lose and causeing the car to not run at all. One time at the starting line, and the other time while on my run. i had to get out and push my car down the track([V] ) luckily i was able to bum so zip ties and a hair elastic from the club president(cruzstyle). well all and all i found out that i needed better tires completely spinning through first gear!!!

#3 ·
Yeah, ive been to local 1/8 mile tracks....traction sucked at both. When you get to a big mainstream track your times will come down. Congrats on that .003 reaction time. I typically get .2-.4 rection times but 1 time i got a .069. Happy racing.

#5 ·
That was fun, we'll have to do it again.
My best run was 10.4, I think my best reaction time was .5 something. I kept up with svtguy through 1st and most of 2nd gear, but he always started pulling away at the top of 2nd. I always got my best times with lots of wheelspin on the launch. If I didn't do that it would just bog down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.