Focus Fanatics Forum banner

in tank fuel pump question for the tuning gurus

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Paladin 
#1 ·
i'm going to be procharging my focus svt and i will be running 60 lbhr injectors.
i currently have a kenne bell boosta pump but i'm a bit leery of cutting and splicing wires (not that i wont if i have to) ive been looking at dropping in one of those 255 lph in tank fuel pumps. but ive got a question that i hope can be answered. the main one being if this will supply enough fuel for the car to run properly. i'll be using 91-93 octane fuel (i ahve both available with or without ethanol mixed in, guess i'm lucky) and at most it'll be pushing about 16 psi at redline. i do autocross and lapping days with the car and it's currently my daily. i'm trying to get the most reliable setup possible and ithink this may be a better option than wiring in a boosta pump.

#5 ·
thanks guys that was the info i was looking for. at least i know i dont ahve to upgrade the fuel pump. and the stock rail should more than suffice correct? or should i look at picking up a different rail to help the injectors out a bit.

ive got two more things to get. a new serpbelt (that's big enough) and a diablo mafia and i'll be ready to start tuning this. oh and a single gauge pod. for my wideband. i'm going oldschool wit hteh boost and knock gauges and simple drilling small holes on the dash skin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.