Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT owners: Please Check Where You're Posting...Thanks

10K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  svt2nv04 
#1 ·
Please Check Where You're Posting...Thanks

This is SVT Performance Chat....
The place to chat about any SVT or European ST engine performance and exhaust related upgrades
Emphasis on Engine performance and Exhaust related upgrades.
Please take just a little time, and search out the appropriate forums for other subjects.
Lighting, wheels, tires, suspension, interior mods, exterior mods, forced induction, racing, general ramblings, etc,
all have specific areas where people "in the know" can answer your questions.

If you really must keep your topic SVTF specific, and it's not Engine or Exhaust related,
please put it in the SVT Owner's Lounge.
Though, IMHO, you're doing a disservice to all the people on these forums that have vast knowledge of the fOCUS,
and are more than willing to help with your questions.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this.
Thanks.
WD40

See less See more
#3 ·
^^^ Yeah, it would seem there are some people that are blind to this thread .... either that or they just don't understand .... please, people ... read it ... learn it ... live it!! LOL

oh, and while were at it, I have noticed a couple of people posting NON review comments in the "Tune Reviews" thread. I believe the rules state "post ONLY reviews, not questions or opinions etc..." [8] [B)]

#7 ·
S2 is part of the post police too :p

Sometimes I wonder if they would have anything to do if everyone posted in the right place. Wait, they'd move posts anyways :)

#9 ·
Daeron said:
S2 is part of the post police too :p

Sometimes I wonder if they would have anything to do if everyone posted in the right place. Wait, they'd move posts anyways :)
I moved your thread cause it was posted in the wrong place. Please refer to Doug's (WD40) post here (stickied one on "Please check where your posting").

Also refer to the following link, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ as it lists all the areas of the forum as well as a description as to what is to be included/posted in each area. I'm a moderator just like Doug is and I have access as well as him to the entire forum to keep it in order and organized.

It's a process to keep the website 'cleaned up'. Doug posted this sticky for a reason, the SVT performance forum is the biggest 'misposted' area on the site as you can see with 23 of 50 of the last posts on this area of the forum being in the wrong place, that's almost 50% of incorrect placed posts. It's a BIG issue on here.

#10 ·
S2 said:
I moved your thread cause it was posted in the wrong place. Please refer to Doug's (WD40) post here (stickied one on "Please check where your posting").

Also refer to the following link, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/ as it lists all the areas of the forum as well as a description as to what is to be included/posted in each area. I'm a moderator just like Doug is and I have access as well as him to the entire forum to keep it in order and organized.

It's a process to keep the website 'cleaned up'. Doug posted this sticky for a reason, the SVT performance forum is the biggest 'misposted' area on the site as you can see with 23 of 50 of the last posts on this area of the forum being in the wrong place, that's almost 50% of incorrect placed posts. It's a BIG issue on here.
Not to be mean, and with all due respect for the work you and WD40 put into these forums, but based on his post in this thread (are you sure you are thinking that you are in the right forum?), the post did fit, although based on his description, it was doing a disservice to myself by posting it in the Owner's Lounge.

You did move it back to where it was, and I appreciate it. But from what I've seen with that process and your post here, it seems like you were thinking things were backwards or something. Why would you reference a thread that you are posting in in the first place? You did something similar in our PMs back and forth.

I think we all welcome the cleaning up of the forums, but moving stuff around that does have a spot in the place it was posted based on the descriptions of that forum/sub-forum makes it prohibitive to gain the proper audience for such posts and deters posting at all in the end.

V/R, my 2 cents :)

#11 ·
Daeron said:
Not to be mean, and with all due respect for the work you and WD40 put into these forums, but based on his post in this thread (are you sure you are thinking that you are in the right forum?), the post did fit, although based on his description, it was doing a disservice to myself by posting it in the Owner's Lounge.

You did move it back to where it was, and I appreciate it. But from what I've seen with that process and your post here, it seems like you were thinking things were backwards or something. Why would you reference a thread that you are posting in in the first place? You did something similar in our PMs back and forth.

I think we all welcome the cleaning up of the forums, but moving stuff around that does have a spot in the place it was posted based on the descriptions of that forum/sub-forum makes it prohibitive to gain the proper audience for such posts and deters posting at all in the end.

V/R, my 2 cents :)
All I was doing was giving direct 'reference' to the areas I was stressing, that's my way of making sure my point is being taken.

The descriptions are there for a reason to help keep some order to the site. The non-SVT owners post in exterior, interior, performance like they should according to the thread topic and so should the SVT owners. Alot of the posts I've seen moved out of the SVT Performance area for one thing are not SVT specific. They are just posted there cause the owner 'owns' a SVTF.

Either way, I am just reinforcing and helping Doug as well as the site in general to keep it organized.

For the record, the thread I moved of yours was a 'borderline' thread, based on the SVT spoiler which is both good in Exterior or in SVT Owner's Lounge. It was a toss up thread and I felt it belonged in Exterior. Regardless, you PM'd me and I moved it back for you, no problem.

#13 ·
I think a lot of the reasons SVT owners tend to put "off-topic" posts in this forum is because we're by and large the minority on this site and our posts tend to get swallowed up in the other more broad forums.

I was hitting my head against the wall when I was looking for info on lowering my SVT, and yes, I do know how to use the search button [:D]

#14 ·
I dunno but I think it's really great to talk solely to other SVTF owners . While not one to be offensive *he he* it sort of pisses me off when a standard Focus owners chimes in on what they did to their ride in an SVT thread. To many posters appear to be oblivious to the fact that they are responding in an SVT specific thread. That can be attributed to so many of our vehicle specific threads getting sent out into the general population, IMO. Perhaps we can at least keep them in the SVTF owners lounge or something?

#16 ·
LastRites said:
Perhaps we can at least keep them in the SVTF owners lounge or something?
That's always an option, and probably why I try not to have to move as many threads from the SVT Owner's Lounge. [;)]

kona41 said:
sorry guys i just posted a brake question, I just assumed that brakes were performance related. I'll know better next time.!
Thanks for letting me know. I'll take care of it.[;)]

#17 ·
wd40, dude, i'm sorry for posting my diet thread in here, but the svt guys are the bomb. if you wanna move it, go for it. i just needed some advice from someone who knows what i'm going through... <sniff sniff>, its so hard living in a world where a man can't just wander in and ask a fellow svt owner a simple question about weight loss....<sniff sniff>, (are you buying this crap?) but you are the liberator of all that is svtf chat, and i can say no more to plead for your mercy and knowledge (unless you want me to beg or something)... Please, let me be heard!!! by the way, stellar right up on the shifter homie.... ford power!!

#18 ·
^^^Thanks^^^
Losing weight (on the car that is) is performance related enough,
and there sure isn't a specific forum for weight reduction. [;)]
I'm trying to find some threads for you.
It's been discussed quite a bit.
Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend, don't be afraid to click on it. [;)]

#19 ·
I disagree with the absolute necesity of posting in the "right" place. I argue this on the basis of my preference in certain situations to speak with only other SVT owners and exclude all other foci from the conversation. No offence to them, however, on a question that arises for an SVT specific scinario, an SVT owner would better answer the problem by relating personal experience. If it is legitimately an SVT only topic, will it be possible to leave the item in this thread?

#20 ·
If it is legitimately an SVT only topic, will it be possible to leave the item in this thread?
Of course. That's what it is for.[;)]
Some items of interest would be:
1) Transmission and clutch assy.
2) Exhaust.
3) DSI intake and components.
4) Cams and the VCT.
5) Tunes and tuning issues.
6) Winter tire/wheel fitment.

Again I reiterate though:
Lighting, wheels, tires, suspension, interior mods, exterior mods, forced induction, racing, general ramblings, etc,
all have specific areas where people "in the know" can answer your questions.
And, I reiterate S2's comment:
The descriptions are there for a reason to help keep some order to the site.
The non-SVT owners post in exterior, interior, performance like they should according to the thread topic and so should the SVT owners.
Alot of the posts I've seen moved out of the SVT Performance area for one thing are not SVT specific.
They are just posted there cause the owner 'owns' a SVTF.
The reason I bumped this, (well, other than taking so long to respond to erittalf...sorry man),
Is I actually like to browse the forums, ask questions, answer questions, and see what everyone else is up to.
When I come in here like I did today, and have to move well over half the new threads,
it doesn't leave me much time do any browsing, let alone help anyone if they have a question.

PS:
Wayne (Hypnotic) has mentioned, if you have a specific question for him alone,
to post it in his forums...>>>Hypnotic Illusions Automotive

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#23 ·
I just find it easier to browse threads and to search for things when I know where to expect them.

If I'm looking for taillight options I wouldn't think to search in Duratec Performance, because it's not related to that. Same thing with like "my door locks freak out", well that's Technical, not really the engine.

I know you guys are slightly different in that the SVT is a limited run, but a Lot of the stuff overlaps with other hatches too, especially exterior/interior stuff, so it doesn't seem like an SVT-specific owner would be more qualified than anyone else to peruse it or offer ideas.

#24 ·
i guess this could be where the "snobbish" attitude that us svt owners have been known to have may come from then, huh? we feel that our cars are SOOOOOOOOOOO special, that we only want to talk to others that own the same car... now, i myself admit to having this problem, but not exactly like i stated above. i'm very proud to own my car, and i've only actually seen like 6, maybe 7 of them driving around in my life. i've only had the chance to personally TALK to one person who owns an svt focus... i just think its neat that we can all get together on here together and bath in the joy of owning our cars.

i, myself have the same problem wd40 has. i've got limited time to search the forums, and so i find myself just sticking to the svt forums. i've gotten to know some of the people, and i feel very comfortable talking to most of them about anything. i totally see where you guys are coming from though. keep up the good work, please!

#25 ·
PLEASE READ!!!!!

I honestly think that the posting rules on this SVT forum are gay and need to be changed. I just saw a post get moved about running rich? How does that not have to do with the engine? oh wait...IT DOES! Running rich is the engine dumping more fuel than air! Plus I am a snob and I'll say it straight up. I dont want a bunch of ZX3,5,etc tools diagnosing my car and the SVTPerformance site doesnt give 2 craps about the focus forums. I have gotten a lot of useful information on this site and really do appreciate all of it, except for the fact that this forum should pertain to all related SVTF issues. All the reg foci barely share anything with the SVTF besides the frame. We have a diff interior, stereos, engine, head, catbacks are diff, our brakes are bigger, our tranny is diff, our rims, tire sizes, suspension,most of the mods are SVT specific on most sites, etc. I don't want someone diagnosing my SVTF according to what some doofus did to his ZXwhatever! I'm not trying to rant or bash any moderators, I just think this needs to be taken into consideration. Plus the fact that people will respond based on their ZX3,5,SE,LX, etc and then you will have to reply again and say it's for an SVT, and it just gets all confusing and long! Seriously this forum should contain anything technical about the SVTF and would make it a helluva lot easier on the moderators too, because I think some posts should have been moved according to the current rules, and some of the posts shouldn't have been moved according to the current rules. If my "rule" were to take effect....anything technical being discussed about the SVTF would be allowed to stay and most other online forums do this.[thumb]
Just my $.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.