Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Need help datalogging!!!

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  PSUrivie 
#1 ·
I just got off of a Teamviewer session with Tom (where he controls my computer) and we're having a couple of problems. First, When we started to datalog My AEM Wideband is datalogging at a constant 10 no matter what the gauge face is reading. We made sure we selected AEM from the list of equations. Then Tom even selected the LM1 equation just to check and there was no change. I followed a write-up on here for wiring it in. I will double-check the wiring tomorrow (it's getting dark out and I don't have a garage)

Second,we had a really weird error show up. It was new to Tom. It was "Transfer failed 1073741807 ( Unload jungo driver )." I have no clue what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For the technical info: I'm running Livelink 6.1 on Windows Vista trying to datalog a 2009 Focus with an AEM wideband with an Xcal3.

Thanks in advance for any help

#3 ·
Here are a couple of ideas:

Since you’re using Windows Vista, SCT reports that you have to open each of the “Application” files in LiveLink, right-click and open “Properties,” and under the “Compatibility” tab check “Run in Windows XP SP2 Mode” and “Disable Desktop Composition.” You also need to turn your User Account Control OFF in the Windows Security Center.

Make sure under the “Module” tab that you’ve checked “Rapid Packet Enabled.” This allows monitoring much closer to real-time and makes real-time recognition of an analog signal possible (such as a wideband A/F gauge).

I believe the "jungo" message is a driver issue. If I recall correction, that's the name of SCT's driver file for the XCals. I wonder if a re-install of the software and hardware might fix this. It seems to me that I had a similar issue at one point and that remedied it.

If these don't work, send a pm to Blivit on this site. He's a tech guy with SCT.

#4 ·
PSU...I've looked at a couple of threads on here and followed them. I ran the orange wire from my firewire to the white (output wire) on my wideband. I've also tried to log both analog 1 and 2 and neither of them give me any signal...I've seen in threads that you've been able to datalog yours...what all did you hook up?

CarDemon...I looked into what you said about the compatibility mode and have seen it before, but it is not in the properties menu for Livelink. Rapid Packet is enabled. ECM #1 is selected...should it be ECM #1 & #2 (x3 & LW). I will re-install everything.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

#5 ·
Ok you have an 09, sorry man didn't see that before. Here's what you have to do:

On device datalogging does not work with the 08+ focus...USING THE FILES THAT ARE ON THE DEVICE. You will have to create your own file, load it to the device then go through the exact process you have done so far but using the file you created. The 08+ focus uses a different communication protocol and the files that are on the device are for every other vehicle.

Open livelink and have only the X3 connect through usb and not to a vehicle. Press the configure datalog button, let it fail because it is not connected to a vehicle and type in the first 5 digits of your vehicle strategy in the box that pops up(probably something like FDGJ0, you can use the X3 to read strategy beforehand.) Select your list but DO NOT CHOOSE ANYTHING UNDER ANALOG, you will do that on the device. Once done, press ok then under the file menu there is a option to add file to x3. Choose that, add the file then take the device out to your vehicle and do what you have done before and it should work.

#7 ·
Just about 100% that's whats up. If you go to monitor the analog channel on your DEVICE, it will read 10 and thats why it's reading 10 in livelink. You need to create your own file and load it to the xcal then it will work

#8 ·
PSU...I think you just effectively ended my problem. I followed your advice and logged to the device then imported the datalog to Livelink and it looks like everything is good. I appreciate all the help. You're a lifesaver.

p.s. I'd rep you, but I don't have enough posts as of now :(

#10 ·
Hate to bring back an old thread, but I'm having similar issues.

I setup everything just like the directions said. I even made my own .DLF to work with my certain strategy.

When I try to start datalogging, the values show INVALID or sometimes 0. After about 4 seconds of "log" time, it stops and shows "Communication Failed".

Using LiveLink to do such returns a similar issue, it just shows "Device Initialization Failed". LiveLink recognizes my X3 Plus / Improved, so I just don't get it.

#13 ·
Yeah update your firmware, SCT has since fixed this problem for the 08+. You don't have to go though everything that is explained in this thread. You should be able to hook up your analog channel, start livelink and start logging.

Quick tip for any Mac guys: you CAN log on your Mac using Bootcamp. The SCT software WILL ONLY run on 32bit. I'm using windows 7 32bit on my Mac Air and it works great.
I have the most recent firmware and software. I know it "installed" new drivers when I installed the newest software, so I suppose I can try removing the old drivers and installing the "new" ones again.

When you said it will only run on 32-bit Windows, is that specifically for Bootcamp or for everything?

It doesn't explain why I can't do on-device datalogging still...

#12 ·
Yeah update your firmware, SCT has since fixed this problem for the 08+. You don't have to go though everything that is explained in this thread. You should be able to hook up your analog channel, start livelink and start logging.

Quick tip for any Mac guys: you CAN log on your Mac using Bootcamp. The SCT software WILL ONLY run on 32bit. I'm using windows 7 32bit on my Mac Air and it works great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.