Focus Fanatics Forum banner

From stock 2001 S2 to new 450hp+

105K views 627 replies 69 participants last post by  1turbofocus 
#1 · (Edited)
Got the car new from the dealer and 9 years later look like this.

Water ingestion bent 2nd and 3rd rods.

So I decided to built it like I always wanted to. While the engine was in the machine shop added a body kit and painted the car.

Was painted under and frames as well.

Reinforced LCA

Installed Total poly bushings kit, Eibach Sportlines springs, sways and dampers with SPC kit, new hubs and EBC SVT rotors front and back.

Will finish with brakes and susp. later.
As for the engine:
Block and crank was decked, balanced, chamfered, tanked, etc., Eagle rods, Probe pistons, Clevite bearings, FR stage 3 cams and high lift springs, FRIM, 70mm tb, O/U pulleys, high flow oil pump, Bosch alt.(220), Steeda fuel rail, Siemens 60 inj., and a bunch of other stuff, you get the idea.

SPA mani and Precision 5857

I will update soon, desperate to finish.

See less See more
#8 ·
Your suspension is so clean. I wanna see more, get it finished!
Posted via FF Mobile

#11 ·
Is that the Gen1 or Gen2 FR Manifold , If Gen1 you have to slot the bolt holes to get the manifold to line up with the runners in the head

Looking good

Tom[/QUOTE

Runners don't match but there is no space to slot, the misaligemt is like half the height of the runner, will do custom work on it to fit, had to make a gasket as well. Read a thread you gave all the instructions for the slotting and installing.

#10 ·
I know the Evo kit is not too popular but I got a killer deal
on it, it was a matter of change, a different look, the fitting on it was a hassle and way much more expensive than the damn thing.
The turbo kit will have Turbosmart 50mm BOV and 38mm WG, Greddy B-EBC and custom 3"piping with Magnaflow catback with dual exhaust to fit the rear bumper. The susp will add Massive stress bar front and rear and Lakewood traction bars.
Roushturboed- I copy your idea of the dual Walbro's, let's
see how it goes with the foam in the stock tank.
Have all the parts for quite some time but the goals have changed twice so been replacing clutch, fuel pump now intercooler got a new medium Precision one for sale as well, need something bigger. Tomorrow night will update, putting the rest of the engine together.

#16 ·
Thanks.

Lots of space to slot , Have done 20-25 of them my self

Tom
You are right again, almost moved the runners within
the flange.

love the engine build, turbo kit, and suspension. bumpers ruined it for me.
Bumpers ruin it for a lot of people, is the ultimate
Ricer kit for our cars, I knew was going to get flamed but don't mind I like them, thought the same of the stripe too.
for the exterior i say stock
is better but i'm inclined to forgive wit hthe power that the car should put down. hopefully you get some miles on that poly bushing kit. ive been wanting to do that to mine (she gets raced a lot so.. yeah bushings might be a bit bad on mine..
OEM bushings are really good if they are not worn of course, to remove them they had to be torched, pulled, grinded, etc.huge PITA.

#15 ·
for the exterior i say stock is better but i'm inclined to forgive wit hthe power that the car should put down. hopefully you get some miles on that poly bushing kit. ive been wanting to do that to mine (she gets raced a lot so.. yeah bushings might be a bit bad on mine..

#20 ·
Thanks, my wife is jealous of the tires, she says "I want them for my Explorer" hahaha'

Cool stuff, and we always like pics, even if some of us don't like what we see. Pics on the forum are like a car wreak. You just can't help but look lol
I still like how they look, got yesterday the euro grill, HID's for the fogs and the black mesh but at the end stepping in the pedal will make you forget about how it looks, lol.

#24 ·
#29 ·
Thanks, had almost everything since March-April, got a vac block from them too. I believe the CFM was not available then, but it serves the purpose,it's going to a catch can with the valve cover line in -10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.