Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How to fix/replace the back shelf holes on sedan?

15K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  vleong2332 
#1 ·
My back shelf ventilation (or whatever their purpose is ) holes are actually holes now:

Can you guys advice me how to fix this. I was able to remove the shelf itself pretty easy but I don't know how to replace these foam inserts.

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm pretty sure there is a tsb for this issue, so Ford should take care of it if you are still within warranty. Otherwise there is a new part number for that piece you can order which should no longer fall apart. That new part is what they are putting into current MY.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#7 ·
My back shelf ventilation (or whatever their purpose is ) holes are actually holes now:

Can you guys advice me how to fix this. I was able to remove the shelf itself pretty easy but I don't know how to replace these foam inserts.
Hi m0use,

Have you discussed this with your dealer? Let me know and I'll look into next steps.

Todd

#12 ·
The wifes 12 SE sedan has had this for quite a while. She never noticed it but when she gave me a ride to our dealer to pick mine up I had the guy look at it(along with the hazed up headlight), he took pics and said we'd hear back in a day or so.......
So, about 2 wks later no word from them, just like the crap I went through to get things fixed on my car.

#14 ·
Thank you all for help.

The TSB 13-3-20 is really what I needed. But I rather do it by myself than spend couple hours in dealership. Unfortunately FordParts.com is a piece of hell. Spent about an hour trying to order the new cloth for replacement but still not successful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.