Some of my work...per request - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Photos & Camera Fanatics

Photos & Camera Fanatics Post your photoshop, photography artwork or camera tips and tricks here.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
oldFart

Fan#: 18578
What I Drive: nothing

FF Reputation: 3 svt_gEEk Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Some of my work...per request

I posted up some pics of my focus that I had entered in a photography challenge website a while back and had a request for some of my other entries to be posted. So here they are. I'll post a link to my profile on there but here are just some of my favorite photos I have entered for challenges.

I'll go through a progression, this is my first entry, not much going on in it, didn't do very good, 340th out of 361 entries. The theme for this challenge was "Shapes" and the title I chose for it was "Supernova"

Here's my second entry, I'm only posting it because I kinda like it, lol. It didn't do very well either. 195th out of 219 entries. The theme for this challenge was "Roads" and I called it "Highway to Hell"

This is my third entry and breakthrough image....kinda, lol. It was my first image to score over 5.0 and 5.5. It finished 106th out of 204 total entries. This theme was "Rhythm"......to be more descriptive, the challenge was to create an image with rythm or recurring patterns in it. I called this one "Headbanging"

This one I had a little more fun with. The challenge was "Beatles Songs/Lyrics" and I chose "Mean Mr. Mustard". Fun setup on this one, could have done much better with a little more knowledge of photoshop, but this was only my 5th entry so I was still a noob at the time. Finished 150 out of 256.

Not much to say about this one. I don't really like it but it's my highest scoring image at a 5.8. Also highest finishing at 77th out of 274 entries.

"Focus on the Focus" for the challenge "Transportation". 231 out of 278.

Another personal favorite. "The Little Devil Inside You" for the "Rubber Ducky" challenge. Finished 96th place.

This one finished 153 out of 410 images. My second best finisher.

And this image here is my latest entry. It was disqualified for violating a rule in the Basic Editing rules. I had no idea what I did was illegal or I wouldn't have entered it like it was. I had fun setting this one up and it would have been my best entry.....oh well.

Anyway, that's that. Here's a link to my profile on the site where you can see any images I have entered or any I enter from here on out after the voting closes. My Profile

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Sweet!
I do like that stream shot!

So, how did you get the mustard to "squirt" with PhotoShop?

And, the last pic has some wild lighting, but is quite pleasing.
Did you ever find out what was "illegal"?

And, thanks for the link to your site.
Now I've got another photography site to check out.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
oldFart

I got the mustard to "squirt" by molding a stream of yellow playdough

The "illegal" editing I did to that last photo was I applied a "draganizer" action that I downloaded to that photo. It makes several curves and levels adjustments as well as other things in photoshop and changes blending modes and requires using a brush on parts of the image. The "spot editing" and changing blending modes is illegal in basic editing challenges. They have minimal editing rules which means straight from camera, basic editing which allows for minor adjustments that can be applied to the whole photo, advanced editing which allows for alot of spot editing like dodging and burning, and then expert editing which allows for multiple exposures and multiple immages to be combined.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
The Librarian

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing Member WD40 Excellent Standing Member
Thanks for the explanation of the illegal editing.
I thought it was either that (too much PP) or that the person didn't know their picture had been taken,
something along the lines of not getting a release for the photo to be published.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29069
What I Drive: 2006 ink blue Mondeo TDCI

FF Reputation: 5 ozan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice photographs there loved the last one, also previous one is beautiful...
Old 03-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40553
What I Drive: 2002 Cloud 9 white ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 goose007 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Nice! what digital camera do you use, I am fond of my sony F707 5.0megapxl, I like the night vision and laser focus, it is an older camera but still takes nice shots, Well done!!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #7
oldFart

I use a Canon Digital Rebel XT I LOOOOOVE it!!

WD, the person in that pic is me, lol But yeah, you don't have to worry about photo release forms or anything if you post someone's picture on there, or not that I know of. But then again I wouldn't just go around shoving a camera in people's faces and publishing them on that site either, lol. That's a fun little website, it forces you to get creative and get out and further your photo knowledge. They also have a great forum on there to help you further your photography skills and several "how'd they do that" articles that explain the methods behind some of the site's better photographs.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
oldFart

Oh, and WD, you can also go read all of the rules for each different set: minimal, basic, advanced, and expert. That's under the "Site Rules" link under the Help tab on the front page.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
The Librarian

^^^Going to have to check them out.
I like the idea of the contests, and getting lots of feedback.

I'm on DPreview forums (Sony Talk forum) going by CADDMan. (Someone had WD40 if you can believe that!)
http://www.dpreview.com/forums
Something tells me I've opened a whole new can of worms so to speak by getting into a photography forum now.

And, goose007;
Don't ever get rid of that F707.
It gets some uber respect for that infrared night shot capability.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
oldFart

I've been to dpreview quite a bit before buying my camera Great site for digi cam info. Another great photography site is http://www.fredmiranda.com

They have lots of new/used equipment in their buy/sell section. You can catch some deals in there.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.