Photographs from Turkey... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Photos & Camera Fanatics

Photos & Camera Fanatics Post your photoshop, photography artwork or camera tips and tricks here.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #1
Focus Addict

Fan#: 29069
What I Drive: 2006 ink blue Mondeo TDCI

FF Reputation: 5 ozan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Photographs from Turkey...

i just bought a Canon 400D DSLR... nice camera to take photos.. here are some colour and B&W photos that i shot in istanbul and around in a couple of weeks...

i hope you like ;)

Colour Photo Album

B&W Photo Album

Last edited by ozan; 10-30-2006 at 03:32 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 29126
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 5 Peterbilt Good Standing Member
Your colour gallery is very nice, mate. The colours are so vivid that one may think the photos were shot on film. I especially like the one depicting a traffic jam because the colours remind me of Fuji Provia film.

Far away on the hill, is that Blue Mosque or Hagia Sofia Mosque?
Amerika, Amerika.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Thanks mate...
the traffic jam was shot at Sirkeci/Istanbul... Have you been in istanbul before? you know the blue mosque and haghia sophia, have you ever been in these mosques? if not one day you should visit them...

regarding your question;

here is the answer :)

Last edited by ozan; 11-03-2006 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

I visited Istanbul a long time ago when I was too young to remember the details. My fiancee is working on her MS in architecture, and her thesis is about the middle-eastern style, so from her I got a lot of information :) Are both mosques still active (i.e. people still do namaz there)?
Amerika, Amerika.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #5
Focus Addict

i see... you dont need a thesis to visit istanbul.. you know :) you should come again and visit the palaces also ;) ....

BTW Blue mosque is active but i am not sure about the Haghia Sophia...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Ozan, I have a couple of questions for you. I received Rebel XT as my New Year's gift, and now I am struggling with its complicated controls. Or rather post-processing

On this photo http://server3.pictiger.com/img/634003/other/03a.php have you done any custom white balance adjustments or other changes? It looks very vivid. I suppose if I took it in RAW mode, it would come out poorly.

When I take pictures on film, the film already sets the particular saturation, colour balance, curves, etc. Plus, I usually do a great deal of pre-processing adjustments using different filters. But with Digital SLR, I don't know how to make pictures look vivid.

Can you tell me briefly what post/pre-processing you did on these two pictures?

1) http://server3.pictiger.com/img/634003/other/03a.php

2) http://server3.pictiger.com/img/6340...raffic-jam.php

Teşekkürler!
Amerika, Amerika.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #7
Focus Addict

congrats on the gift u received its really a nice SLR... The Rebel XT is Canon 350 D isnt it? i have the 400D but they are nearly the same...

the pre/post processes are nearly same with film and digital.. there is some slight difference on effects and the way of edditing is different...
(you edit the prints in a dark room with chemicals but in digital u do the same with PC...)

for example you can still use the filters for lenses.. it may have some little differences on film and digital.. its like all the films have slightly different color balances some are vivid some are natural and etc..

in the user manuel its writing effects of all the preset programs like portait, landscape, macro etc.. u can also apply these effects taking raw file and post processing in "Digital Photo Professional" (this program comes free with your canon to edit your raw files (*.CR2)

the idea of taking in raw format is post processing. there are limits of processing, you cant add to many effects on a jpeg file without sacrfying quality... in raw format u can adjust color tone, brigthness contrast, shapness etc at the same time without sacrrfying quality... you can also convert raw files to B&W files...

taking raw file doesnt mean u will have vivid colors it just gives you much more room for editing...

lets come to these 2 photos 1st of all these two photos are taken in raw format (*.CR2)

on the 1st pic i have a circular polariser on the lens.. infact these two pics are taken just after i bought a polariser filter..

in the 1 st photo we can see the effect of polariser as deep blue skies... in the second photo there is nearly no effect of pol. filter..

here are the untouched photos

in the second one i just opened the file in DPP (digital photo professional)
and edited the brightness to 0,17
white balance to color temp mode and adjusted the color temp to 10000K
color tone = 0
color saturaton to =2
sharpness = 7

after that i opened it in photoshop...

sorry i have to go out now i will complete this when i come back...

BTW i really appreciate your writing in Turkish "Teşekkürler" u write Turkish verywell its totally true :)

* EDIT *

after that i opened it in photoshop and took a huge size of dodge tool with a 10-15 % of exposure and dodged the center area of the photo and took the burn tool and burned the adges of the photo just a little bit... that was all for the second photo...

in the 1st photo you have to edit the colors in masks because if you give more blue to the photo to make the sky look deeper blue the building will lost the reddish look.. again if you give more red/yellow to make the building a warmer yellow the sky will lost its blueness... so the best way is to open the photo in PS and select the blue sky with polygonal lasso and adjust colour of the sky... after that select the inverse and adjust the building color for a warmer red/yellow in the colour balance menu...

i hope that will be helpful.. u can ask whatever you want i will be pleased to help you about the photography...

Last edited by ozan; 01-03-2007 at 06:19 AM.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Ozan, thanks for your tutorial. Since there is no sun these days, I am practicing the night shots with longer exposure, and so far I am satisfied with the camera performance.

As for "Teşekkürler", it sounds pretty close to Farsi's "Tashakur". My fiancee is Persian, so I am learning the language on occasions
Amerika, Amerika.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:55 AM   #9
OMGVTAK!

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 188,432, Level 100
Points: 188,432, Level: 100 Points: 188,432, Level: 100 Points: 188,432, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
I really really liked both your galleries. My favorite was the last picture in the B & W gallery.

If you have a theme idea for Ride of the Month or any other suggestions, please feel free to PM me!
Old 01-03-2007, 05:55 AM   #10
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX3_Chick View Post
I really really liked both your galleries. My favorite was the last picture in the B & W gallery.
thank you very much

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.