Votes: 805 27.7%
  • 35-40

Votes: 254 8.8%
  • 40+

Votes: 62 2.1%

MPG poll

1M views 1K replies 655 participants last post by  That_Yellow_Car_Guy 
#1 ·
I thought out of curiousity I'd start a poll to see what kind of mpg everyone is getting. If you are getting around 30+ mpg could you please reply with the things you did or methods used to increase your mpg. I've filled up 3 times so far. The mpg for the tank of gas from the dealership is not accurate as I don't know for sure if the trip miles were on the tank.

Rounded to the nearest 10th.
Fill up---MPG
0---------????
1---------24.4
2---------25.7
3---------Still driving on this tank.

I up shifted a little bit later on fill up #2 (between about 2750 and 3000 rpms vs around 2250 give or take 200 rpms.

#956 ·
Anyways I'm getting around 35 average in my 2014 just driving normal. Sometimes punching it, usually not. AC or heat as desired for comfort. Cruise control at 68 on the interstate most of the time unless I feel frisky.

I'm not really looking to squeeze every last drop.

#968 ·
Hubby posted before.

Yes, it's a refinery site assignment which I am lucky for it to be close enought to commute, which is rare (and I do get per diem for the trouble). It is 86 miles each direction. I tend to fill up every 2.5 days. (since the whole commute is freeways/tollways, I usually fill up with 1/4 talk left). On the last check it was 37 mpg.

#969 ·
I have a 2014 se and have gotten right at 42mpg even on long hauls with cruise on and speed at 70 (2500rpm- anything above and it declines) no ac and Windows slightly cracked, right now I'm getting 28-30 but..slower driving habits might help lol! This is with a full exhaust and typhoon CAI and toms tune.

#970 ·
I got 33.something on my 64 mile round trip to look at a house. It was in a decent rain, defrost on a good bit, mostly highway partly through a small town and hitting a few stop lights. Not trying particularly hard to save fuel but only doing 68mph on the interstate portion.

That's the most I've driven it in quite a while.

The house wasn't that great and the drive made me decide I don't want that kind of a commute again. Haha

#971 ·
Driving back and forth about 60 miles total running about 65 mph on cruise for school I get 33.5 to 34.1 miles per gallon. Makes it very nice.

Reactions: dchawk81
#972 · (Edited)
On my last trip back from the MassDOT District office in Northampton to my home in Wakefield - which is about 110 miles of approximately 85% freeway (including a 'super 2' section posted at 55 mph) and 15% two lane bendy roads, I filled up before leaving Northampton and filled up again once I got back to Wakefield in order to do a mileage check. Came out to be 41.6 MPG average. 2012 SE with DCT.

#974 ·
I have a 2015 focus ecoboost and all my figures are pure city driving, tampa bay area, but mildly aggressive driving I yield 30 mpg city pretty consistently and when driving for mpg in mind I get 37+ city. Not sure of my highway mpg but for the short distances I do travel on I-10 my computer is pretty steady around 47mpg on flat ground.

#976 ·
I did average right around 40mpg on a trip over 500 miles each way. But around locally the mileage is the worst of any car. averaging in the low to mid 20's. My wife's Taurus gets better overall mileage. Just turned 9800 miles, has had 3 oil changes already. runs well but mileage is much lower than the posted city. I do not live in a city.

#982 ·
07 manual se 2dr hatch. I believe "they" said it's 30-37 but I got upper 20s. Just replaced motor 5 days ago (was a "my bad" not the cars fault)
Will be doing my next 250 miles pretty soon, I'll post results on that but I feel like the new engine (came out of automatic) revs way higher in a low gear

#984 ·
I get a consistent 32 mpg in the hilly back roads and surface streets that I drive (almost never highway). This is a car with no extras and a 5 speed (no tach either). It seems happiest when it is just above lugging - unless of course I am trying to go uphill.

#987 ·
After getting new clutches, the battery must have been disconnected for awhile. My average MPG was reset to zero. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I got it back and averaging 26.0 to 26.2 in around town driving. Not true city driving which is disappointing since the car was rated at 27 mpg for city. I drive conservatively. I use the a/c coming in to work but not usually going home at 8pm.
Had the car at the dealer 2x to investigate an uneven idle or slight idle shudder. Came back 2x cant find anything wrong. No codes but it appears to be getting gradually worse. think of a shiver when you're cold. It's just like that but it's the car not me. Just passed 11,800 miles on this 2014 focus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.