|04-11-2015 09:04 PM|
Sct x call
Received product quick and had it loaded in car couple of days after it showed up
First impressions idle drops very quick after start huge notice in power after 3k rpm where before it was around 4500. No need to down shift to pass or go up steep hills. I have also noticed that I can slow down to 1500 rpm in 5th gear and just tap back on the gas and take right off again where as before I would stall on my first catalog he said my car looked really good off base tune he wrote me a second tune that I think was a Lil better than base have not data logged since then deffinatly a good product well worth it. Keep in mind the more mods you have the better the tune results will be Tom has always answer phone for me or calls back quick he is busy with other work and customers so relax if it takes him a bit to get back to you. I am going turbo and will be continuing to turn with him next month or June when project is finished and funds are lined up
|04-29-2014 04:36 PM|
Should have been the first thing I ever did...
1. Turbo Tom (Focus-Power)
2. SCT XCal 3
3. $150, acquired the XCal 3 seperately
4. 1 Week
5. Read the process on the website and here. I'm not a stranger to using a ODB II scanner, but the XCal has its quirks. Initially I was going to use an XCal 2, but the unit was having some issues, so I got the 3 and went from there. I was worried that it would have issues loading/flashing, but I had no issues at all. Keep in mind, flashing the car takes about 10 minutes.
Differences in the car : Without having much done to my SVT, I can say that the immediate difference in low and mid range power is very noticeable. I can leave the car in 4th or 5th and not be itching to hit 2nd or 3rd for passing. The higher rev limit is nice, allows the car to stay in the powerband longer. Taking off from a stop in 1st no longer has any bog. Mileage is better, but I haven't gone through an entire tank of gas yet. Looking like I'll gain at least 2 mpg in mixed driving conditions (and I have a heavy right foot...)
Issues : None to speak of. The car just runs and feels better.
Datalogging : just call Tom, he can set you up real quick. Speaking of...
6. I've heard both sides of the fence when it comes to tuning. When it came down to picking someone, I went with a recommendation from an experienced local SVT owner. Tom was always able to get back to me within a few hours (even with some personal business going on in his side of things) and he always gets back to you in whatever method you specify. I spoke with him several times on the phone to get datalogging setup and my experience was a good one. When I start seeking boost, I already know where I'm going to go.
Tom will make recommendations on your setup too - but he isn't overbearing about it.
If you do one thing to your SVT, let it be this.
|04-26-2014 07:57 AM|
1. Turbo Tom
2. SCT Xcal3
4. 9 Months
5. The install was intimidating at first, but was alot easier then I thought it would be. Torque comes sooner, much more responsive, 2-3mpg boost. I noticed a big difference in responsiveness as I pulled out of my driveway. By far the best mod for an SVT, or really any car.
6. Tom was very helpful over the phone and was able to answer any questions I had. He's very knowledgeable and is willing to help you. Shipping was sluggish, taking 12 days for my Xcal3 to arrive. I live in SE Michigan.
|10-30-2013 07:16 PM|
|s0B0Ta||Custom filename with my name on it, just for my programmer.|
|10-30-2013 06:32 PM|
|05-16-2013 12:43 AM|
1. Toms Tune
2. SCT xCal
3. $150 for tune, $120 for SCT (eBay)
4. Since Feb, 2013
5. After 7 tune files, i found the best one for my SVT. Not everyone has the same setup and not every SVT runs the same, but this tune works best in my SVT. Low end pickup is much better over stock and the DSI kicks in sooner and gives you better torque at lower RPMs. I could never drive my SVT on stock tune ever again...
6. Tom is helpful and understanding, and i'm sure he has plenty of others to tune so keeping that in mind, he's pretty good with the SVTs. I'll tune my Turbo SVT with him too.
7. No dyno yet.
|11-20-2012 10:41 PM|
1. FSWerks (Randy)
2. SCT Livewire
3. $499 w/ tune.
4. I've had the tune since Feb.
5. I love the Tune it runs great with it. A noticeable difference in power and I raised the rev limit to my liking 7.8k.. which I hardly go that high. Also RPM idle is 1k for my all three motor mounts to help with vibration.
6. I ordered a few things from Randy and Matt one of his employees at FSWerks.. I was greatly impressed with the asstiance during the transaction and all the information that was provided.
7. No Dyno's yet.
|11-09-2012 10:04 AM|
Worked for me sorry you had issues , try these and I will look into it further
|11-09-2012 09:17 AM|
|Caligreen||Tried to contact "tom" and his website and email are outdated and no longer working. Any other place to get a simple tune???|
|11-22-2011 11:03 AM|
2. Diablosport Predator
3. $400 I think?
4. Must be over a year now
5. T/C wasn't altered. As for the review of the tune... it's been a while since I've had it installed. But I started with Tom's stock SVT tune. I remember it made a big difference with that inherent bog issue. Getting a CFM dogbone is another must-have. Overall I'm really happy. FOR GOD'S SAKE, read Tom's instructions on how to upload/download the tunes and how to work the Predator properly. The default instructions are useless. Diablosport even admits every Predator is slightly different and they said the Focus SVT Predator is even wonkier. I'm the type that just jumps into things and I wish I had read the Tom's specific instructions posted on this website first.
6. Tom is awesome. He's quick to get back to you and will send updated files quickly. I added a full Volant intake (scoop) and he sent me a new file and asked me to datalog to confirm everything was good. Mind you, these are minor little mods since I'm working on other things but I'm looking forward to going to a 2.5" exhaust, bigger TB and start looking at putting on a supercharger/turbo (of course you have to pay for him to tune your FI).
7. No dynos
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|