|06-01-2016 10:24 PM|
xcal 4 in newer LOL , smaller , if you go to www.sctflash.com it will tell you everything
If your looking for a tuner and checking prices go with the one that cost less , they both do a good job loading tune and datalogging
If you buy the flasher from me you get a full custom tune , I am the only focus tuner offer custom tunes and free tune updates as you add more NA mods
|06-01-2016 09:01 PM|
|euro170||Can anyone tell me the difference between a xcal3 and xcal4? Other than the xcal4 is newer?|
|05-11-2015 12:26 PM|
You have a PM
|05-10-2015 10:49 PM|
|thedeeking||New around these parts. I would love to get a tune. All stock minus cai. I've been reading in here for weeks as a non member but I joined the day I got my Red 5 door SVTF. What I am seeing is that Tom's tune is the best money can buy. Who is this Tom and how can I reach him? Also what would be the cheapest option for tuning? Saw an SKL chip on Amazon but considering its $50 and has no reviews I assume it's a scam. Also how do I change my profile picture?|
|04-11-2015 09:04 PM|
Sct x call
Received product quick and had it loaded in car couple of days after it showed up
First impressions idle drops very quick after start huge notice in power after 3k rpm where before it was around 4500. No need to down shift to pass or go up steep hills. I have also noticed that I can slow down to 1500 rpm in 5th gear and just tap back on the gas and take right off again where as before I would stall on my first catalog he said my car looked really good off base tune he wrote me a second tune that I think was a Lil better than base have not data logged since then deffinatly a good product well worth it. Keep in mind the more mods you have the better the tune results will be Tom has always answer phone for me or calls back quick he is busy with other work and customers so relax if it takes him a bit to get back to you. I am going turbo and will be continuing to turn with him next month or June when project is finished and funds are lined up
|04-29-2014 04:36 PM|
Should have been the first thing I ever did...
1. Turbo Tom (Focus-Power)
2. SCT XCal 3
3. $150, acquired the XCal 3 seperately
4. 1 Week
5. Read the process on the website and here. I'm not a stranger to using a ODB II scanner, but the XCal has its quirks. Initially I was going to use an XCal 2, but the unit was having some issues, so I got the 3 and went from there. I was worried that it would have issues loading/flashing, but I had no issues at all. Keep in mind, flashing the car takes about 10 minutes.
Differences in the car : Without having much done to my SVT, I can say that the immediate difference in low and mid range power is very noticeable. I can leave the car in 4th or 5th and not be itching to hit 2nd or 3rd for passing. The higher rev limit is nice, allows the car to stay in the powerband longer. Taking off from a stop in 1st no longer has any bog. Mileage is better, but I haven't gone through an entire tank of gas yet. Looking like I'll gain at least 2 mpg in mixed driving conditions (and I have a heavy right foot...)
Issues : None to speak of. The car just runs and feels better.
Datalogging : just call Tom, he can set you up real quick. Speaking of...
6. I've heard both sides of the fence when it comes to tuning. When it came down to picking someone, I went with a recommendation from an experienced local SVT owner. Tom was always able to get back to me within a few hours (even with some personal business going on in his side of things) and he always gets back to you in whatever method you specify. I spoke with him several times on the phone to get datalogging setup and my experience was a good one. When I start seeking boost, I already know where I'm going to go.
Tom will make recommendations on your setup too - but he isn't overbearing about it.
If you do one thing to your SVT, let it be this.
|04-26-2014 07:57 AM|
1. Turbo Tom
2. SCT Xcal3
4. 9 Months
5. The install was intimidating at first, but was alot easier then I thought it would be. Torque comes sooner, much more responsive, 2-3mpg boost. I noticed a big difference in responsiveness as I pulled out of my driveway. By far the best mod for an SVT, or really any car.
6. Tom was very helpful over the phone and was able to answer any questions I had. He's very knowledgeable and is willing to help you. Shipping was sluggish, taking 12 days for my Xcal3 to arrive. I live in SE Michigan.
|10-30-2013 07:16 PM|
|s0B0Ta||Custom filename with my name on it, just for my programmer.|
|10-30-2013 06:32 PM|
|05-16-2013 12:43 AM|
1. Toms Tune
2. SCT xCal
3. $150 for tune, $120 for SCT (eBay)
4. Since Feb, 2013
5. After 7 tune files, i found the best one for my SVT. Not everyone has the same setup and not every SVT runs the same, but this tune works best in my SVT. Low end pickup is much better over stock and the DSI kicks in sooner and gives you better torque at lower RPMs. I could never drive my SVT on stock tune ever again...
6. Tom is helpful and understanding, and i'm sure he has plenty of others to tune so keeping that in mind, he's pretty good with the SVTs. I'll tune my Turbo SVT with him too.
7. No dyno yet.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|