|10-30-2013 08:16 PM|
|s0B0Ta||Custom filename with my name on it, just for my programmer.|
|10-30-2013 07:32 PM|
|05-16-2013 01:43 AM|
1. Toms Tune
2. SCT xCal
3. $150 for tune, $120 for SCT (eBay)
4. Since Feb, 2013
5. After 7 tune files, i found the best one for my SVT. Not everyone has the same setup and not every SVT runs the same, but this tune works best in my SVT. Low end pickup is much better over stock and the DSI kicks in sooner and gives you better torque at lower RPMs. I could never drive my SVT on stock tune ever again...
6. Tom is helpful and understanding, and i'm sure he has plenty of others to tune so keeping that in mind, he's pretty good with the SVTs. I'll tune my Turbo SVT with him too.
7. No dyno yet.
|11-20-2012 11:41 PM|
1. FSWerks (Randy)
2. SCT Livewire
3. $499 w/ tune.
4. I've had the tune since Feb.
5. I love the Tune it runs great with it. A noticeable difference in power and I raised the rev limit to my liking 7.8k.. which I hardly go that high. Also RPM idle is 1k for my all three motor mounts to help with vibration.
6. I ordered a few things from Randy and Matt one of his employees at FSWerks.. I was greatly impressed with the asstiance during the transaction and all the information that was provided.
7. No Dyno's yet.
|11-09-2012 11:04 AM|
Worked for me sorry you had issues , try these and I will look into it further
|11-09-2012 10:17 AM|
|Caligreen||Tried to contact "tom" and his website and email are outdated and no longer working. Any other place to get a simple tune???|
|11-22-2011 12:03 PM|
2. Diablosport Predator
3. $400 I think?
4. Must be over a year now
5. T/C wasn't altered. As for the review of the tune... it's been a while since I've had it installed. But I started with Tom's stock SVT tune. I remember it made a big difference with that inherent bog issue. Getting a CFM dogbone is another must-have. Overall I'm really happy. FOR GOD'S SAKE, read Tom's instructions on how to upload/download the tunes and how to work the Predator properly. The default instructions are useless. Diablosport even admits every Predator is slightly different and they said the Focus SVT Predator is even wonkier. I'm the type that just jumps into things and I wish I had read the Tom's specific instructions posted on this website first.
6. Tom is awesome. He's quick to get back to you and will send updated files quickly. I added a full Volant intake (scoop) and he sent me a new file and asked me to datalog to confirm everything was good. Mind you, these are minor little mods since I'm working on other things but I'm looking forward to going to a 2.5" exhaust, bigger TB and start looking at putting on a supercharger/turbo (of course you have to pay for him to tune your FI).
7. No dynos
|11-22-2011 09:42 AM|
Well worth it, the bog is gone and the engine pulls smooth all the way through the power band, and there is definitely more power everywhere, I did port the stock throttle body, combining that w/tom's tune seem to be the perfect combination, great throttle response and low speed power w/a nice fat mid-range, its like a completely different car now!
|11-06-2011 06:20 AM|
2. I used an unlocked (used) Xcalibrator 2 and purchased the tune individually.
3. $150 for the used Xcalibrator 2, $150 for the tune
4. 24 hours
5. The install was absolute cake. I pulled fuses 46 & 61 and pushed a few buttons. 20 minutes later and we were ready to go. Holy smokes what a difference this tune has made so far. The car absolutely HAULS through first and second. The car responds much better when I stomp on the gas. No hesitation at all. I went on a 2 hour drive around town and had a blast. Downshifting and gunning it for a second or two is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.
6. Randy was a treat to work with. Answered my questions and sent me the tune within 4 hours of giving him the Xcalibrator's serial number. Can't beat the product for the price.
|08-08-2011 08:41 PM|
1. Toms Tune (focus power)
2. DS predator
5.First impression on startup was the exhaust tone, Sounded so much better through the stock exhaust and orp. First drive was much smoother and it seemed to accel faster. datalogged 2-3 times to get it dialed in and things just kept getting better and my high idle is gone completely and no more 1st gear bog. dsi switchover is now much better. the car pulls real hard after 2500rpm. No T/C
6. Tom is real good to work with. there was some miscomunication on them being on backorder but I did get it and it was worth the wait.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|