Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus First Generation > SPI Performance (2000-2004) > Could someone explain what this tube is for???

SPI Performance (2000-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L Split Port Injection engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    

Thread: Could someone explain what this tube is for??? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Your real name.
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
05-02-2013 12:40 AM
mialtin I finally replaced this part. Went to Ford and they were able to identify it as Engine Crankcase Breather Hose. The part number is 6C663 for those who want to order it from Ford. Installation was a breeze. It doesn t come with the sponge filter, so that would have to be ordered separately, if the existing one crumbles like mine did.
The hose snaps in place and you don t need to open the airbox, unless you want to clean up and replace the sponge filter. Mine was kind of messy inside, so i kind of cleaned the bottom of my airbox.
05-01-2013 08:38 PM
Drsmith3 Looks like this thread is close to what I am looking for.
I see in these pics that the pcv tube dives down toward the intake. I know it should connect to the manifold but where and how?
Mine was bought with a junk yard motor that dropped valve seats in all four cylinders due to nit cleaning the plenum. I have rebuilt it with a new bulletproof head but cannot figure out where this goes. HELP.

New member. Ford powerstroke, ford fusion, ford explorer owner.
04-17-2013 04:22 AM
mikebontoft that works. all it does is mount in to the bottom of the air box and there's a spongey filter above it.
04-17-2013 01:03 AM
TheGlassMaker I did this to mine.

Sent from 34.0764 N, 118.4296 W
04-17-2013 12:53 AM
Try this. Use the old U pipe if you have nothing else.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using FF Mobile
04-10-2013 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by turntablez View Post
Below is a pic of my engine with a tube that comes out of it. What does it do? I know on the back of my valve cover is the PCV valve. But this other tube come out of the side of my cover and leads into my air box. If I get a CAI what do I do with this line? Will there be a hook up for it? Thanks for your time and help.

Hey guys, I know this is an old post, but I kind of have the same question. While I was looking around to check things on my focus, I noticed that the same tube/hose is broken right where it connects to the air box. It has a L connection there.
I went to an advance auto to recycle the engine oil today and asked the dude if they carry the part and he couldn't find anything but suggested I call the Ford stealership. Just wondering if any of you have any ideas on this. I would call Ford but am not sure about the name of the part.

Thanks guys. As always FF members rock.
06-23-2011 09:04 AM
drunkyoda any auto parts store
06-23-2011 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by norcalfocus01 View Post
This isn't the best picture but you get the idea. Just get a piece of heater hose, slap it on the nipple, then install ricer breather filter on the end.

Wow. thats a pretty cool idea :) where do you get those breather filters from?

Posted via FF Mobile
06-21-2011 06:01 PM
norcalfocus01 This isn't the best picture but you get the idea. Just get a piece of heater hose, slap it on the nipple, then install ricer breather filter on the end.

06-21-2011 05:57 PM
StangGTT Just get some aluminum tube in the same diameter and paint it. Should be able to find some at any hardware store. Just make sure you scuff the tube with scotch bright and use a chemical resistant paint.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

Copyright 2002-2015 All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1