|09-24-2013 02:17 PM|
|cfmfocus2||Sorry, nothing yet. We will make sure to post something once we have updated information on this. Thank you.|
|09-19-2013 08:12 PM|
Following up for a monthly update. Where does C-F-M and the machine shop stand on offering a product?
|09-07-2013 10:44 AM|
|zetec#1||I want one also!!!!!|
|08-20-2013 11:39 PM|
|focusmaniaczx3||$400-$500 still beats the hell out of well over a grand for a dry sump and it isnt as tempermental so i would SOO pay that for one but im not waiting another 3 months for it. moving on i guess.....|
|08-20-2013 01:18 PM|
|ZXthrizzle05||Thanks for staying on top of it thou|
|08-20-2013 09:59 AM|
The problem is every manufacturers that said they could make it at the end were not able to make them correctly. This last manufacturer I have been talking to has not been able to make them correctly. I am not sure if they will be able to make them correctly. I have already looked into other options.
The oil pump gears are one of the most difficult parts to make. If it was easy to make, you would see someone else already have one available.
blk00gtvert noted one company that can make it. The problem is it costs too much money. $400-$500.00 just for the oil pump gear! This is out of the price range for most of our customers.
I have asked customers to see if they would be interested in a $500.00 billet oil pump gear. All of them so far said no to me.
We could have them make 10. Pricing around $400-$500.00 each. They require 50% deposit. ETA 10-12 weeks is what I told. If we obtian 10 customers saying they be willing to give 50% deposits, we would look into that option. $500.00 is a very limited market at that point. It would be difficult to sell many at that price.
Otherwise, We are in talks again with the previous manufacturer who made them correctly for us before. They stopped making them given they said it was not worth it for them to make it. They are interesting again with making them for us, but at a higher price not yet set. We also have to wait until they have time to do them. We would wait for this option to become available, as we are thinking it is going to be more in the $350.00 range.
|08-20-2013 08:51 AM|
^^ that's where I stand also. I have almost $2k in to my bottom end alone before the oil pump. so its worth protecting that "investment" and I dont want to pull the block from my car ever again... But my car even if I get the oil pump is going to be on blocks for another year while I am working on putting the suspension back together and the top end of the motor. so while I want to get the pump to say the bottom end is built and put together. I have no problem waiting another 4-6 months or more because getting the pump now does nothing more then allows be to bolt the windage tray and the oil pan on.
That may be the route that C-F-M goes also. I will have to let them make their business discussions, and I think we have shown them our interest in having something available preferably sooner than later. I started this thread over a year ago because I have been ready to buy the oil pump for that long.
|08-20-2013 08:47 AM|
|ZXthrizzle05||I wish they were available when my motor was apart|
|08-20-2013 08:45 AM|
|08-20-2013 08:40 AM|
|ZXthrizzle05||I agree, $500 is a bit steep|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|