Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat > SVT Header Swap (what is this part called?)

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    

Thread: SVT Header Swap (what is this part called?) Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Your real name.
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-23-2013 02:48 AM
marcanjelo7 no it's the one on the rack. It comes off the rack where all the other lines connect and then connects back into the rack in the middle also has a u shape
04-23-2013 02:46 AM
marcanjelo7 no way I hope not. I really can't tell tho it doesn't look like it, but I also know that on the cat it's not connected to a bracket I wonder if I can find one if that would help or I was thinking of cutting that line and and somehow with an elbow fitting moving it out the way. I don't know man I really love this header just trying to figure something that will make it last until I can get an orp.
04-23-2013 02:35 AM
TheGlassMaker The hard pressure line that comes off the pump? On mine which was a SPI then swapped to a zetec the line from the pump isn't like that it just slides into the rack and it has a cover to slip over it and you bolt the cover to the rack. The cover holds the line in place.
04-23-2013 02:28 AM
sleepyboy Your header could be bent which would cause it to be too close to the rack?
04-23-2013 02:18 AM
marcanjelo7 hey guys I couldn't find it new so I just been pulling it from the pick and pull. I have gone through four of these as temporary fixes. I can't seem to figure out why it's like this. To recap I did the svt header conversion with the svt cat and flex on a sedan. The center pressure line the goes from the rack and back into the rack keeps touching the cat. I eventually want to get an orp as I know it won't touch that line. Has anyone with a sedan experienced this?? I really don't mind changing it every two weeks, but I think they are running out of focuses at the yard lol..
02-22-2013 04:27 AM
sleepyboy Yea, I haven't tried fixing it yet either, hopefully it's easily fixable problem.
02-22-2013 04:16 AM
marcanjelo7 hey how's it going? thanks man haha it's like we all go through the same thing, but man that would suck if you can't get that part separate.
02-22-2013 03:37 AM
sleepyboy It's a hard pressure line and is the same as far as I know to the normal zetec rack. I'm leaking at the same spot after I broke a motor mount and whacked the crap out of it. I think it only comes on the rack and is not a separate part to order but I'm not too sure on that.
02-22-2013 03:32 AM
SVT Header Swap (what is this part called?)

Hello fanatics,

I recently did the svt header swap and the only major problem i had with clearance was this line that is touching the cat. I believe that is the rack. Is this line different on the svt's? I know now this is where my leak is coming from. I tried looking at tousley's parts diagram, but I cannot find the name of this part to order one. Do you know what it is called? Thanks peeps in adavance!!!

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

Copyright 2002-2015 All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1