Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat > Window question.

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    

Thread: Window question. Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Focus Centennial Edition Sedan
Your real name.
Please select your insurance company (Optional)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
02-20-2013 11:28 AM
Plymchris Well that's re-assuring. Might have a go once the weather warms/dries up a bit.
02-20-2013 11:00 AM
elsolo Door panels are easy, watch a youtube video if you want to see what you are taking apart. Few screws and a couple clips. 5-10 minutes for a first timer to remove it.
02-20-2013 05:40 AM
Plymchris Ok I get that the doors will need to drain, i was just mostly worried about large amounts pouring down there and also the fact that the windows don't get wiped off so the seal/fuzzie etc is not actually contacting the window it seems.

I believe I have found the correct part thanks to the search suggestions here, however it seems to be quite an involved job replacing them, anyone here done it and know of a quick way, I'd rather not remove the whole of the door panel just for a weather strip.
02-20-2013 12:14 AM
elsolo Like he said:

Doors need to drain, it's how they are all designed.
That's why they have all drain holes, and a water shield behind the door panel.

You might want new window "fuzzies" but it won't stop water ingress to the interior of the door.
02-19-2013 10:04 PM
amc49 You need to have the understanding that there is NO WEATHERSTRIP ON THE PLANET that guarantees water not getting in door at all. The technology does not exist. ALL car doors have small drain holes on bottom of door to drain water that gets inside, in short they are designed to take on some amount of water getting inside. . The weatherstrip simply stops a LOT of the water from getting inside but not ALL, and no auto dealer on the planet will tell you the door is totally watertight at the bottom of window because it's NOT.

One incident of running window down in very icy conditions will cut the strip edge up enough that it will not wipe all water off, the ice frays the edge.
02-19-2013 11:04 AM
jdetzel It is usually called a belt moulding or belt weatherstrip.
02-19-2013 07:15 AM
Plymchris I guess it would be the weatherstrip, the bit that scrapes the water etc off the window glass when you wind it down. This bit of rubber and felt doesn't contact the window glass at all anymore.
02-19-2013 05:54 AM
whynotthinkwhynot Window weatherstrip? They might call that part something different on that side of the pond- it happens like that. Are you sure you're not searching for Door weatherstrip instead of window? The window should only be the window channel and weatherstrip. The channel is the hard felt part that the window fits into, and the weatherstrip is the rubber wiper at the bottom of the window. The door weatherstrip is the foam rubber between the door and the body that is supposed to keep the air out.
02-19-2013 03:50 AM
Window question.

Hi there, I have a MKII estate. The rubber seal at the bottom of the electric window (both passenger and driver) has a built up quite a garden of moss, even though I have done a fairly good job of cleaning this all up I have a problem in the fact that when the windows wind down the seal does not wipe the water off the windows so not only does it mean that I cannot clear them easily when the are wet but I am also worried that this means water will be able ot easily run down inside the door.

Any suggestions? Also wat is the technical name for this component should I have to replace it? Whenever I search for window seals I get the ones that run around the edge but not the bit at the bottom.

Many thanks for any help.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Copyright 2002-2015 All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1