|01-18-2013 06:46 PM|
|badazz2010focus||No on the 10s the iac tps etc are all part of the same unit|
|01-18-2013 04:59 PM|
I just cleaned mine the other week. It was actually super easy and fixed my sticking accelerator peddle.
1) Disconnect intake hose between air resonator and throttle body. This can be done by loosening the two clams with a flat head screwdriver. It will take some wiggling but it will pop off of the resenator and throttle body.
2) Disconnect sensor cable from throttle body
3) Disconnect the accelerator cable & cruse cable from throttle body
4) Unscrew plastic cover near throttle body
5) Unscrew the 4 bolts that connect the throttle body to the engine.
It should pull right off. On my focus it was made of plastic, so be careful what type of clearer you use. I used this: http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05078-Thro...dp/B000M8PYO2/
My focus is an 07, but I'm sure the 10 is similar.
|01-17-2013 07:12 PM|
there a way I can take my t/b apart even if it's fbw
I've had just about enough of my little idle problem I've tried cleaning it but it just comes back it's whenever I come to a stop it drops then comes back up, I know that the IACM is a non replaceable part on these t/b's due to the fact that they are fbw or something along those lines. Has anyone taken one of these apart and successfully cleaned one?