Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - Reply to Topic
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus > ST Sedan?

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Thread: ST Sedan? Reply to Thread
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
01-28-2013 04:26 PM
Budderybunz ST sedans are the way to go =)
01-28-2013 03:42 PM
F35-JSF
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephd View Post
If you check the specs between the WRX and the ST. The WRX is only 817 lbs heavier. And the WRX is certainly no slouch when it comes to handling,and performance.
Now I am not bashing the ST and promoting the WRX. I am just looking at from the eye of a consumer who would be looking at cars in this class.
I've seen them handling wise, mainly before 07 but stock wrxs suffer from heavy brake fade, and definitely could use better tires (if they are still on those RE-92's, again I'm not as familiar with them as I use to be).
01-28-2013 02:02 PM
r1ch999999
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Your point? That's like saying you won't buy a 2012 focus because the 1993 Ford Escort you drove was shit. Come on now.
What he said, it's like these people I used to work with that wouldn't buy a Ford because their 79 Pinto was horrible.
01-28-2013 01:52 PM
kylesvt720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
the newer subi's might be good, but I bought a 93 impreze FWD brand new and it was a turd, wouldn't keep an alignment and a few other issues. So dunno if I would even consider another.
Your point? That's like saying you won't buy a 2012 focus because the 1993 Ford Escort you drove was shit. Come on now.
01-28-2013 01:36 PM
josephd
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
The problem is that WRXs get SUV mileage. If the new one is decent on fuel, (it's supposed to be) I'd consider it.
That would be my only concern of the WRX. My cousin had one and loved it. He only traded it because he is a Jeep guy.
01-28-2013 01:32 PM
josephd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
Only problem I have had with mine is the clunking noise from front suspension, otherwise NOT a prob at all, very reliable.
01-28-2013 01:30 PM
josephd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade-010 View Post
the newer subi's might be good, but I bought a 93 impreze FWD brand new and it was a turd, wouldn't keep an alignment and a few other issues. So dunno if I would even consider another.
Agreed. But look how much improved the Focus is compared to when they first came out.
01-28-2013 01:28 PM
Shade-010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
The problem is that WRXs get SUV mileage. If the new one is decent on fuel, (it's supposed to be) I'd consider it.
the newer subi's might be good, but I bought a 93 impreze FWD brand new and it was a turd, wouldn't keep an alignment and a few other issues. So dunno if I would even consider another.
01-28-2013 01:23 PM
kylesvt720 The problem is that WRXs get SUV mileage. If the new one is decent on fuel, (it's supposed to be) I'd consider it.
01-28-2013 01:17 PM
Shade-010
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephd View Post
Not to start a war here, or the risk of being flamed because I actually like the ST over the WRX. Judging by the threads on here about the different problems with the Focus, whether it be the auto trans., or electrical problems.
I would not exactly say the Focus is a reliable car. If I were in the market for a Focus, I would be a little nervous about my choice.
I will agree the WRX is not that efficient in the City for MPG's. But I would hardly call a Suburu a poorly built car.
Only problem I have had with mine is the clunking noise from front suspension, otherwise NOT a prob at all, very reliable.
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat